Certo Apple Pectin 250G
Add to basket
For a free recipe booklet, visit the Certo website at www.certo.co.uk or contact RH Amar Tel: 01494 530200
Find us on Facebook
Jams made with Certo require less boiling, and retain the full flavour and colour of the fruit.
Pack Size: 250ml
Water, Gelling Agent: Pectin (3%), Acidity Regulators: Citric Acid, Potassium Citrate, Preservative: Potassium Sorbate
- Reclose and refrigerate after opening and use within 14 days.
- Best Before End, See Foot of Bottle
Preparation and Usage:
Shake well before use
Strawberry, Raspberry or Blackberry Jams
Makes about 5lb (2.25kg)
2 1/4lb (1kg) fruit, 3 tablespoons (3 x 15ml spoons) fresh lemon juice, 3lb (1.4kg) sugar, 1/2 bottle Certo (125ml).
1. Prepare the fruit, crush thoroughly and put in a large pan.
2. Add the lemon juice and sugar to the pan.
3. Heat slowly until dissolved, stirring occasionally.
4. Add a small knob of butter to reduce foaming.
5. Bring quickly to a full rolling boil and boil rapidly for 3 - 4 minutes (depending upon medium or firm set).
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the Certo. Skim if necessary.
7. Allow to cool slightly to prevent the fruit floating.
8. Pot and cover in the usual way.
When making 10lb (4.5kg) of jam double the quantities and boil for 7 minutes.
250 Millilitres ℮
Using product information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2013