1. The Clubcard Fuel Save scheme has now finished.
2. The Clubcard Fuel Save scheme was available in all Tesco Stores in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
3. In order to redeem discounts earned through Clubcard Fuel Save ("Clubcard Fuel Savings"), customers must have purchased fuel at a Tesco Petrol Filling Station in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. Esso and Esso alliance sites were excluded.
4. 30 September 2015 was the last day for redemption of Clubcard Fuel Savings and all savings must be redeemed before 11:59pm.
5. The period for earning Clubcard Fuel Savings ended on 31 August 2015. It is not possible to earn any further Clubcard Fuel Savings.
Redeeming your Clubcard Fuel Savings
6. To have redeemed your Clubcard Fuel Savings, you must have advised the Tesco Petrol Filling Station or Tesco Express cashier that you wanted to use your Clubcard Fuel Savings and presented them with your Clubcard before payment. If you were using pay at pump, you would have needed to insert your clubcard before your payment card and followed the on-screen instructions. Clubcard Fuel Savings could only be redeemed in 2p increments, ie, 2p or 4p or 6p etc.
7. The maximum saving that could have been used in one fuel transaction is 20p per litre. If you had accumulated over 20p fuel savings, a 20p discount will have applied to your first transaction and your unused fuel savings will have been saved for use next time (again, a 20p limit per transaction will have applied). For example, if you had accumulated 26p of savings credits, when you bought fuel using your Clubcard Fuel Savings you will have received a 20p discount and 6p will have remained on your Clubcard for next time (subject to expiry timeframes).
8. Clubcard Fuel Savings could be used in conjunction with Tesco Fuel Coupons (received, for example, through promotions such as Tesco's "spend £50, get 5p off per litre of fuel" promotion). The 20p per litre maximum discount only related to Fuel Savings and did not include Tesco Fuel Coupons, for example a customer could have used his/her 16p of Fuel Savings, plus a 5p per litre of fuel voucher, for a total discount of 21p per litre.
9. Clubcard Fuel Savings could be used to earn money off each full litre of fuel to the maximum amount of 100 litres per single transaction. Single transaction meant the refuelling of one vehicle or the filling of one acceptable container. Refuelling multiple vehicles or the use of containers alongside vehicles are not single transactions and would not have qualified for the use of Clubcard Fuel Savings.
10. Discount was available on one individual purchase of Petrol, Diesel or AdBlue for one vehicle only. Mixed grade transactions were excluded.
11. We reserved the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time before 11:59pm on 30 September 2015, without prior notice.
12. If you had more than one Clubcard linked to the same household ID any fuel savings earned on any of the linked Clubcards will have been shared, they will not have been held as a separate balance. Any Clubcard linked to that household ID could have redeemed the shared fuel savings.
13. Clubcard cards and key fobs remain the responsibility of each Clubcard member, as do any security details relating to the account. Except as required by law, Tesco takes no responsibility whatsoever for any loss arising out of or in connection with a Clubcard member failing to ensure the safe-keeping of his/her personal data and security details.
14. Clubcard Fuel Savings were not transferrable or exchangeable for cash.
15. This scheme was only for personal and consumer use. Clubcard Fuel Savings could not be used for any business transaction or purpose.
16. We operated a fair use policy in respect of the Clubcard Fuel Save scheme. The fair use policy is implemented to ensure that all customers could continue to use the Clubcard Fuel Save scheme. The fair use policy is set out below.
(a) Where we suspected that any false or fraudulent claims had been made or someone was abusing the spirit of the Clubcard Fuel Save scheme, we reserved the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to allow Clubcard Fuel Savings to be redeemed.
(b) Clubcard Fuel Savings awarded may have been removed or cancelled if Tesco determined, in its sole discretion that the Savings were collected in breach of these terms and conditions or were awarded in error.
(c) Returns could be made in accordance with our Returns Policy (see www.tesco.com/termsandconditions/termsconditionsGroc.htm#Returns or go to the customer service desk in store.) However, we reserved the right to remove any Clubcard Fuel Savings earned when offering the refund. This did not affect your statutory rights.
17. Customers wishing to speak to a customer service assistant should call 0800 59 16 88* or 0330 123 1688**
18. The promoter of Tesco Clubcard is Tesco Stores Limited, Tesco House, PO Box 18, Delamare Road, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9SL.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts. Tesco reserves the right to change these, at any time, on reasonable notice for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Clubcard members who continue to participate in the scheme following such a change will be considered to have accepted the updated terms and conditions.
20. Terms and conditions displayed in store and in other media, including in printed materials and leaflets, may not reflect the most recent version of these online terms and conditions. Tesco used its best endeavours to ensure all versions of its Fuel Save terms and conditions were updated in a timely manner. However, Clubcard Fuel Savings online terms and conditions are the most up to date terms and conditions and will prevail over terms and conditions displayed elsewhere.
* 0800 numbers are free from BT landlines.
** 03 numbers mean that all calls from private telephones, including mobiles, will only be charged at local rate. They will also be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.