Catalogue Number: P45-H8P6
- Author: Morna E. Gregory,Sian James
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Merrell Publishers Ltd
- Published: 23 July 2009
- ISBN: 9781858944999
Buy on Tesco Direct from:
Clubcard Boost now on Make your vouchers go further
How does it work?
- Your vouchers are waiting for you at the Tesco direct checkout
- Add the vouchers you want to use and they will double automatically
- The value of your Boost vouchers will be taken from your order, saving you money
Powder room, comfort station, privy, loo, dunny - the infinite variety of names we invent for this universal necessity, the toilet, is matched by an extraordinary variety of designs worldwide, from miniature log cabins in the Canadian wilderness to state-of-the-art cubicles in Japan, and from huts on stilts in the Caribbean to solar-powered sanitaryware in New Zealand. This amusing but also highly informative photographic journey reveals the idiosyncrasy and inventiveness that characterize the construction of the humble toilet around the globe. Along the way, the reader encounters every possible permutation, from the traditional English 'thunderbox' to the Swazi thatched 'beehive' hut, and discovers the fascinating cultural and historical differences that can make our travels to other countries so enjoyable.