Catalogue Number: M9Y-5Q3B
- Author: Yann Martel
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Canongate Books Ltd
- Published: 04 October 2012
- ISBN: 9780857865533
Buy on Tesco Direct from:
Clubcard Boost now on Make your vouchers go further
How does it work?
- Your vouchers are waiting for you at the Tesco direct checkout
- Add the vouchers you want to use and they will double automatically
- The value of your Boost vouchers will be taken from your order, saving you money
One boy, one boat, one tiger ...After the tragic sinking of a cargo ship, a solitary lifeboat remains bobbing on the wild, blue Pacific. The only survivors from the wreck are a sixteen year-old boy named Pi, a hyena, a zebra (with a broken leg), a female orang-utan and a 450-pound Royal Bengal tiger. The scene is set for one of the most extraordinary and best-loved works of fiction in recent years.
Yann Martel was born in Spain in 1963 of Canadian parents. After studying philosophy at university, he travelled and worked at odds jobs before turning to writing. In addition to Life of Pi, he is the author of the novels Self and Beatrice and Virgil, the stories The Facts Behind the Helsinki Roccamatios, and the collection of letters to the Prime Minister of Canada, What is Stephen Harper Reading? Yann Martel lives in Saskatchewan, Canada.