Summary of cover
This document details the summary of cover for both Tesco Warranty Plan (electrical products) and Tesco Furniture Insurance cover.
Please select the appropriate link below to jump to the correct part of this document.
1. Tesco Warranty Plan
- Tesco Warranty Plan is available on a large range of electrical products.
- No repair bills to pay.
- Cover your purchase for up to 3 years (up to 5 years for TVs).
- Parts, labour and breakdown costs covered as well as breakdown caused by an accident.
Summary of cover
The Tesco Warranty Plan is supplied to you through Tesco as agents for The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited (we/us/our), the provider of the Scheme. A full set of terms and conditions will be sent to you with your Warranty Plan Schedule, and is available on request.
Key benefits of the Warranty Plan
- Peace of mind for up to 3 years (5 years for TVs), including any manufacturer's guarantee.
- No repair bills to pay.
- Parts, labour and breakdown costs covered.
- Nationwide coverage by professional engineers.
- Cover against breakdown as a result of an accident for 3 years (up to 5 years for TVs).
If your product suffers a mechanical or electrical breakdown or breakdown as a result of an accident which falls within the scope of the Warranty Plan we will carry out the repair at no cost to you. The maximum cost of this service shall not exceed the original purchase price paid for the product or the current value if less.
If we decide that the product is uneconomical to repair we will, at our discretion, either replace the product with an identical or similar one if it is less than 2 years old or offer you a cash settlement equal to the current value.
If the product is older than 2 years we will offer you a cash settlement equal to the current value, or in some instances, we may offer you a replacement product. If you refuse the offer of a replacement product and request a cash settlement then we may agree a cash settlement, but this shall not exceed the Warranty Plan Provider's replacement cost for the Product. In the event that we replace the Product or pay you a cash settlement, your Warranty Plan will terminate.
Current value shall mean the original purchase price for the first year followed by the current recommended retail price of an identical or equivalent product for the second year. Thereafter current value will be the current recommended retail price less 10% depreciation for each complete year from the Product purchase date up to a maximum of 50%.
How to request our services
Call the Tesco Warranty Plan team on 0845 0750405 for assistance with your product.
1. Breakdown due to:
- Use other than domestic use by you or your resident family
- Faulty installation or connection
- Willful act or neglect
- Failure to comply with manufacturer's instructions
- Corrosion, atmospheric conditions
2. The cost of:
- Work due to a manufacturer recall of the product
- Damage caused by foreign objects or substances
- General maintenance, adjustments and the resetting of controls
- Accessories and consumable items
- Cosmetic items not affecting the normal usage of the product
- Dead pixels on an LCD screen, screen burn on plasma screens and DLP TV bulbs
- Call out charges where no fault is found
- Satellite system repairs caused by weather damage, breakdown of the TV set or realignment of the satellite antennae
- Compensation for loss of use or any consequential loss caused directly or indirectly by the product
- You are covered for breakdown due to accident from the date of Warranty Plan purchase. Electrical or mechanical breakdown will be covered from the expiry of the manufacturer's guarantee. The start date is detailed on your Warranty Plan Schedule.
- The cost of this Warranty Plan is only refundable within 45 days of purchase if we have provided no service, and no claim has been made in respect of the product. If you cancel the Warranty Plan after 45 days from the date of purchase you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund based on the number of complete months which the Plan has left to run. If your Warranty Plan is renewed, a 14-day period will apply in which the Plan may be cancelled with a full refund providing no claim has been made. For cancellation after such period no refund will be due. For cancellations please contact Tesco on 0800 323 4050.
- Unless agreed otherwise before the start date, English Law will apply.
- Your Warranty Plan will terminate in the event that we have provided you with a replacement product or cash settlement.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute you should in the first instance contact the Administrator, TWG Services Limited on 0845 0750405.
Should you remain dissatisfied you may contact the Provider of the Scheme, The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited. Your statutory rights remain unaffected by the Contract Terms of this Warranty Plan. Should you have any queries in regards to your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
The Tesco Warranty Plan is a non-insured product provided by The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited, Third Floor, St George's Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EE. Registered Number: 94279C.
The Extended Warranty funds supporting this product are placed in a ring -fenced trust kept separate from the rest of the business for your financial protection.
This is a summary of cover only. The full terms and conditions are available on request.
Our literature is available in large print, audio and Braille - you can call us on 0870 849 9805. Extended warranties are available from a number of sources and there is no requirement to purchase the cover at the same time as purchasing the product. Other forms of cover such as household insurance may be relevant to your decision.
- Back to top
2. Tesco Furniture Insurance
- Tesco Furniture Insurance is available on a great range of furniture products
- No repair bills to pay
- Cover your purchase for up to 3 years
- Rips, tears, burns, accidental damage, structural defect and stains cover included (below for an explanation of which product groups are covered)
Summary of cover
The Furniture Insurance Policy is supplied to you through Tesco as an agent for London General Insurance Company Limited, the Insurer (registered number 1865673). A full set of terms and conditions will be sent to you with your Certificate of Insurance and are available on request.
Key benefits of the Furniture Insurance Policy
- Peace of mind for up to 3 years
- No repair bills to pay
- Parts and labour costs covered
- Stains cover
- Structural defects cover
- Rips, tears and burns cover
- Accidental damage cover
(See below for an explanation of which product groups are covered for stains, structural defects, rips, tears, burns and accidental damage).
New products purchased for private and domestic use only, within the mainland United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. This insurance is available for the following product groups: mattresses, divans, leather/upholstered furniture and home furniture.
The Certificate of Insurance will confirm the specific elements that your product is covered for, these being:
- Staining - applies to mattresses, divans, leather/upholstered furniture and home furniture. Cleaning the product in the event of staining, resulting from an unforeseen and sudden incident to the covering fabric resulting from foodstuffs, beverages, bodily fluids, cosmetics, glues, tar, bathroom soaps and shampoos, ink spot, wax and wax polish, silicone polish, shoe polish, and paint transfer from clothing.
- Structural defects - applies to mattresses, divans, leather/upholstered furniture and home furniture. Repairs or the cost of repairs to the affected area is only covered in the event of:
- - warping and separation of frame components
- - excessive loss of normal resilience of foam cushions
- - breakage or bending of metal components
- - defective or faulty recliner/sleeper mechanisms or swivel/rocker bases
- - mal-functioning or broken zips
- - damaged seam stitching
- - damaged or broken springs or webbing
- - displaced staples
- - lifting and peeling of leather
- Rips, tears or burns - applies to leather/upholstered furniture only. The repair or the cost of repair to the affected area only is covered in the event of rips, tears or burns.
- Accidental damage - applies to home furniture only. The repair or the cost of repair to the affected area is covered in the event of scratches, watermarks, heat rings or breakage of glass components.
In the event of a claim we may, at our discretion, either repair or replace the product; or offer a cash settlement based on depreciation of the damaged item. Depreciation will be calculated at the following rates:
- Products aged 12 to 24 Months = 20%
- Products aged over 24 Months to 36 Months = 30%
Please note - if the damaged item is non-integral and therefore easily separated, we will replace or offer cash settlement with respect to that item only, up to the original purchase price of the replaced item only.
Cover with respect to accidental damage, staining and rips, tears or burns starts from the date of delivery of the product for up to a maximum of 3 years.
Cover with respect to structural defects starts 12 months from the date of delivery of the Product for up to 24 months thereafter. Structural defects within the manufacturer's guarantee are not covered.
- Failure to comply with the Administrator's or the manufacturer's instructions for care, including the use of any cleaning agents or processes or accessories which have not been approved by the Administrator
- Negligent or reckless use or wilful abuse or misuse of the product
- Any contingency not specifically provided for in the terms and conditions, including but not limited to fire, theft, flood, lightning, explosion, burst pipe, all dyes including turmeric (food dyes other than turmeric are covered), bleach, corrosives, acid, caustic soda, mineral oils, medication, dye transfer, indelible ink, drawings or scribble
- Scorching or any related damage, including ring marks on leather
- The action of sunlight, fading or gradually operating causes (including but not limited to pile shading), wind, weather, rust or corrosion, colour loss, expansion or shrinkage of furniture components
- Denting, puncturing or splitting of leather or covering fabric, or cracking of leather
- General soiling or wear and tear from everyday use, routine service, inspection or maintenance, adjustment or cleaning and any loss or damage arising therefore or lightening from any cleaning process
- Staining not reported within 24 hours. Structural defects, accidental damage, rips, tears and burns not reported within 5 days or as soon as is reasonably possible
- Damage due to use of the product other than for private and domestic purposes
- Garden furniture or furniture used externally/ outside the home
- Commercial use
A full list of exclusions is contained in section 7 of the Policy document.
How to claim
In the event of a potential claim contact the Administrator TWG Services Limited immediately on 0845 0750405. Staining must be reported within 24 hours. Structural defects, accidental damage, rips, tears and burns must be reported within 5 days or as soon as reasonably possible.
- Unless agreed otherwise before the start of the Policy, English Law will apply.
- This Policy is not transferable.
- You may cancel your Policy within 45 days of the date of purchase and receive a full refund of any premium paid providing no claim has been made under the Policy. If the Policy is cancelled after 45 days, no refund of premium will be due. For cancellations please contact Tesco on 0800 323 4050
- If we replace the product or offer a cash settlement the Policy shall cease and no further benefit shall be due. In the event that we replace part of the product, the Policy shall end with respect to that item only
- You may be entitled to compensation under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme if the Insurer is unable to meet their liabilities in full
If you have cause for complaint you should in the first instance contact the Administrator TWG Services Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire GL17 0AF. Please quote your Certificate Number to help ensure your enquiry is dealt with promptly.
You may also contact The Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR, Telephone 0845 080 1800.
Your statutory rights remain unaffected by the terms and conditions of this Policy. Should you have any queries in regards to your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
None of the above affects any right to legal action you may have.
Our literature is available in large print, audio and Braille - you can call us on 0844 871 8061. If you have hearing or speech difficulties, you can text telephone us on 0844 871 8211.
- Back to top
3. General conditions
- We will only provide our services within the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
- The benefit of your Tesco Warranty Plan cannot be transferred without the written permission of the Administrators, TWG Services Limited
- If any information provided to us by you or anyone acting on your behalf is inaccurate or incomplete this Tesco Warranty Plan shall terminate
- Unless specifically agreed to the contrary, this Tesco Warranty Plan shall be subject to English Law
- If we replace your product or pay you a cash settlement, your Tesco Warranty Plan will terminate. This Tesco Warranty Plan will not apply to any replacement product, unless a replacement Technika TV 26" (or above) is provided under your manufacturer's guarantee.
- Disposal of products: In the event that we replace your product, you may dispose of your original product if it is in your possession. We will not be responsible for any costs that you may incur in disposing of your original product.
- We will not cancel your Tesco Warranty Plan during the Term, other than if you request the cancellation in accordance with your cancellation rights or for the reasons stated in general conditions 3, 5 or 8
- Should breakdown occur due to any unauthorised repair, modification or upgrade of your product, your Tesco Warranty Plan will automatically terminate unless you have gained prior written permission from the Administrators, TWG Services Limited
How to request our services
- If your product develops a fault, you should check the plug, fuse and the manufacturer's operating instructions before booking a repair (remember if no fault is found you will have to pay any call out charge). After the expiry of the manufacturer's guarantee, you can call our Tesco Warranty Plan helpline on 0845 075 0405 for assistance in assessing the fault and whether a repair is required. If the fault cannot be resolved over the phone, we will assist you in booking a repair. Providing the repair falls within the scope of your Tesco Warranty Plan, we will carry out the repair at no charge to you.
- Please present your valid Tesco product proof of purchase to the repairer, to confirm that your Tesco Warranty Plan is still active
- Repairs can only be carried out by our authorised repairer
- Any repairs expected to exceed £150 must be authorised by TWG Services Limited on 0845 075 0405 before being carried out
Cancellations and refunds
- You have the right to cancel this Tesco Warranty Plan at any time, with immediate effect, if you decide that it is not suitable. As the Tesco Warranty Plan is provided free of charge, no refund will be due in the event of cancellation
- To cancel your Tesco Warranty Plan with immediate effect, please call our Tesco Warranty Plan helpline on 0845 075 0405
If you have a complaint relating to this Tesco Warranty Plan you should in the first instance contact TWG Services Limited at the address below. If you are not satisfied, you may contact the Administration Director at the same address. You may also contact the provider, The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited at the address below.
Following this procedure will not affect your statutory rights. This Tesco Warranty Plan is provided by The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited, 3rd Floor, St George's Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EE This Tesco Warranty Plan is administered by: TWG Services Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF.
Customers with special needs
If you have hearing or speech difficulties, you can text telephone 0844 871 8211.
This document and all other literature is available in large print, audio or Braille. We will be happy to provide you with a copy or you can call us on 0844 871 8061.
All information is correct at the time of print.
For the latest information please visit www.tesco.com/direct.
0844 daytime calls from BT landlines Mon-Fri cost up to 8p plus 5p per minute. Other providers may vary.
0845 calls cost up to 4p per minute from BT landlines, other providers may vary.
Calls may be recorded.