- Author: Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
- Format: Leather fine binding
- Publisher: Sterling Publishing Co Inc
- Published: 25 October 2012
- ISBN: 9781435136168
Buy on Tesco Direct from:
Clubcard Boost now on Make your vouchers go further
How does it work?
- Your vouchers are waiting for you at the Tesco direct checkout
- Add the vouchers you want to use and they will double automatically
- The value of your Boost vouchers will be taken from your order, saving you money
Bonus: If the value of your Boost vouchers is more than your order, you'll receive the difference in Clubcard points!Continue shopping
This is a sumptuous leatherbound version of the original 1818 edition. It is a beautiful, leatherbound edition of a timeless classic with a ribbon marker and decorated endpapers. Frankenstein , or the Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley was first published in 1818. A monster assembled by a scientist from parts of dead bodies develops a mind of his own as he learns to loathe himself and hate his creator.
Mary Shelley was born Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin on August 30, 1797 in London, the daughter of William Godwin - a radical philosopher and novelist, and Mary Wollstonecraft - a renowned feminist and the author of Vindication of the Rights of Woman. She eloped to France with Shelley in 1814, although they were not married until 1816, after the suicide of his first wife. She began work on Frankenstein in 1816 in Switzerland, while they were staying with Lord Byron and it was published in 1818 to immediate acclaim. She died in London in 1851.