Summary of cover
This warranty Plan is provided to You (You/ Your ) by TWG IOM and administered by TWG Services Limited (We/ Us/ Our).
Provided You comply at all times with the Terms and Conditions set out (sent you when you purchase the Warranty Plan), We warrant that if, during the term of Your Warranty Plan, Your product fails as a result of a mechanical/electrical breakdown We will repair or replace that product as detailed below.
What services will be provided?
If Your product breaks down We will pay for the repair, including parts and labour at no cost to You.
The maximum cost of this service shall not exceed the original purchase price paid for the product or the current value if less.
If We decide that the product is uneconomical to repair We will offer You a cash settlement equal to the current value. In the event that We pay You a cash settlement, Your Warranty Plan will terminate.
Current value means the original purchase price for the first year. Thereafter the current value means the recommended retail price of an identical or equivalent product at the time of breakdown less the depreciation below. The replacement value cash settlement We offer will not be more than the original purchase price.
Product age depreciation
0 - 1 years None
1 - 2 years None
2 - 3 years 20%
3 - 4 years 30%
4 - 5 years 40%
Services and associated costs not included:
1. Repairs due to breakdown caused by:
- Use other than for domestic use by You or Your resident family.
- Operating the product outside standard manufacturer usage guidelines.
- Any wilful act or neglect.
- Faulty installation or connection.
- The weather, including, but not limited to fire, flood and lightning.
2. The cost of:
- Work due to a manufacturer recall of the product.
- General maintenance, adjustments and the resetting of controls.
- Accessories and consumable items. This includes but is not limited to batteries, light bulbs (except on microwaves), disposable bags, leads and terminal connections, computer peripherals and software.
- Cosmetic items not affecting the normal usage of the product. This includes but is not limited to cabinet trim, cabinet feet and rust.
- Screen burn on Plasma screens
- Dead pixels on an LCD screen, unless the level of the problem exceeds the manufacturerâ€™s quality standard.
- DLP TV bulbs
- Call out charges where no fault is found.
- Delivery and/or installation charges, in respect of replacement products provided under the Service Plan.
- Satellite system repairs caused by weather damage, breakdown of the TV set or realignment of the satellite antennae
- Replacement parts where any other guarantee, warranty or insurance exists.
- Repair and/or replacement costs for any mechanical or electrical failure occurring to any product installed in a bathroom or shower room or where installation of a product is dangerous and/or contrary to the manufacturer's recommended operating instructions.
- Compensation for loss caused directly or indirectly by the product. For example, if Your washing machine leaks We would not cover the cost of any water damage to Your floor This also includes but is not limited to additional costs incurred by You due to Your inability to use the Product, damaged clothes, damaged carpets, damaged tapes or food loss.
1. We will only provide Our services within the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
2. The benefit of Your Warranty Plan cannot be transferred without the written permission of the Administrator, TWG Services Limited.
3. If any information provided to Us by You or anyone acting on Your behalf is inaccurate or incomplete this Warranty Plan shall terminate and no refund will be due.
4. Unless specifically agreed to the contrary, this Warranty Plan shall be subject to English Law.
5. If We decide that the product is uneconomical to repair and You are given a replacement product or cash settlement, Your Warranty Plan will terminate.
6. Disposal of products: In the event that We replace Your Product you may dispose of the product if it is in Your possession. We will not be responsible for any costs that you may incur in disposing of Your original product.
7. Should breakdown occur due to any unauthorised repair, modification or upgrade of the product we will automatically terminate the Warranty Plan unless you have gained prior written permission from TWG Services.
8. You must inform TWG Services immediately of any changes to Your details during the term of the Warranty Plan.
How long does the warranty plan last?
Breakdown due to accident starts from the Date of purchase of the Warranty Plan.
Electrical/mechanical breakdown starts from the Expiry of the Manufacturerâ€™s Guarantee. Your Warranty Plan start date and end date are stated on Your Warranty Plan Schedule. If We replace the product or pay You a cash settlement, Your Warranty Plan ends automatically.
How to request our services
1. If Your product develops a fault, You should check the plug, fuse and the manufacturerâ€™s operating instructions before booking a repair (remember if no fault is found You will have to pay any call out charge). You can call Our helpline on 0845 0750405 for assistance in assessing the fault and whether a repair is required. If the fault cannot be resolved over the phone We will assist You in booking a repair.
Providing the repair falls within the scope of the Warranty Plan We will carry out the repair at no charge to You.
2. Please present Your valid Warranty Plan Schedule to the repairer, to confirm that Your Warranty Plan is still active.
3. Repairs can only be carried out by Our authorised repairer.
4. Any repairs expected to exceed Â£150 must be authorised by TWG Services on 0845 0750405 before being carried out.
Cancellations and refunds
1. The cost of this Warranty Plan is only refundable within 45 days of purchase if We have not provided any service, and You have not requested a repair.
If You cancel the Warranty Plan after 45 days from the date of purchase You will be entitled to a pro-rata refund based on the number of complete months which the Plan has left to run. Upon renewal of Your Plan a 14-day period will apply in which the Plan may be cancelled with a full refund providing We have not provided You with any service or repairs. For cancellation after such period no refund will be due.
2. In order to obtain a refund in accordance with the above, please contact Tesco on 0800 323 4050 and a refund will be arranged for You.
If you have a complaint relating to the administration or terms of this Plan You should contact TWG Services Limited at the address below. If you are not satisfied You may contact the Operations Director at the same address.
The details You supply will be stored and used by the Tesco, the Administrator and the Provider to administer Your Warranty Plan and in respect of providing this Warranty Plan to You.
Your data will at all times be held securely and handled with the utmost care in accordance with all principles of the English law. The Provider may use Your details for the prevention of fraud. Your details will not be kept for longer than necessary.
Unless agreed otherwise before the start date, English law will apply.
You can buy extended warranties from other companies. You do not have to buy the warranty at the same time as the product. Other forms of protection, such as home contents insurance, may meet Your needs.
You have various statutory rights that apply to the purchase of electrical equipment. You have the right to request a repair or replacement if the electrical goods, when sold were not of satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose. After the first six months of purchase, You will have to prove that the goods had a fault when they were sold to You. This Warranty Plan goes beyond those rights by giving You more rights. Nothing in this plan will reduce or affect Your statutory rights; for further information about Your statutory rights contact Your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
This Tesco Warranty Plan is a non-insured scheme provided by The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited, 3rd Floor, St Georgeâ€™s Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EE.
For Your financial protection, the extended warranty funds supporting this scheme are kept in a ring-fenced trust separate from the rest of Our business.
This Service Plan is administered by:
TWG Services Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF
Customers with special needs
If You have hearing or speech difficulties, you can text telephone 0844 871 8211. This document and all other literature is available in large print, audio or Braille â€“ We will be happy to provide You with a copy or You can call us on 0844 871 8061.