Catalogue Number: CZ9-C3VR
- Author: Matthew Hyde,Nikolaus Pevsner
- Format: Hardback
- Publisher: Yale University Press
- Published: 08 October 2010
- ISBN: 9780300126631
Buy on Tesco Direct from:
Do you want us to email you when this product is back in stock?
Clubcard Boost now on Make your vouchers go further
How does it work?
- Your vouchers are waiting for you at the Tesco direct checkout
- Add the vouchers you want to use and they will double automatically
- The value of your Boost vouchers will be taken from your order, saving you money
Bonus: If the value of your Boost vouchers is more than your order, you'll receive the difference in Clubcard points!Continue shopping
This fully revised volume brings together the historic counties of Cumberland and Westmorland with the old Furness division of Lancashire, in a comprehensive architectural guide to one of England's most varied and rewarding regions. At its heart is the Lake District, where the well-loved vernacular architecture is overlaid by centuries of buildings, Georgian to modern, that respond in diverse ways to the magnificent landscape. The less familiar areas outside the National Park have an equal fascination, with numerous historic towns, spectacular industrial monuments, and distinctive traditions of church-building and fortified great houses. Fine Victorian and Arts-and-Crafts architecture can be found throughout, much of it published here for the first time.