Vax carpet cleaners buying guide
Although regular dry vacuuming removes the surface layer of everyday dust, embedded dirt and grime still exist in your carpet, making fibres look flat and lifeless. The only way to remove deep down dirt is to wash your carpets.
Tesco stocks a range of Vax Rapide carpet washers including Vax Rapide XL, Vax Rapide PowerJet and Vax Rapide Deluxe models.
How carpet washers work
Carpet washers release a mixture of carpet cleaning solution and water through the brushes into the carpet fibres to break down embedded dirt and debris. Carpet washers come with a number of attachments that make them suitable for some curtains, upholstery, car interiors, stairs and hard to reach areas.
Why wash carpets?
Dust mites and allergens live and multiply in warm, humid conditions. With central heating and double-glazing in many homes carpets provide the perfect surroundings in which they can live. And what's more, dust mites, pollen and other allergens found in carpets are the main triggers of allergies such as asthma and hayfever, so in order to keep your home as hygienic and germ free as possible, it is important to regularly wash your carpets.
In addition to health and hygiene advantages, carpet washing will also provide other benefits such as revitalising dull and flat carpets or sucking up accidental spills which, if not cleaned up properly, leave a sticky residue that attracts dirt and result in a stain.
A costly carpet replacement can be avoided by using a carpet washer to put the life back into your carpets.
Features to look out for
- Tank size: look for a tank size that is large enough to provide clean water for the area to be tackled. A 2L tank will typically be large enough to clean a 10"x12" room before the water needs changing. Tesco stocks Vax models with up to a 4L clean water capacity.
- Rotating brushes: available on the Vax Rapide, Vax Rapide Deluxe and Vax Rapide XL models, rotating brushbars agitate deep in to the carpet fibres to break down embedded dirt and debris. The rotation of the brushbars leaves carpet pile groomed in appearance.
- PowerJet Technology: jets of water apply AAA solution and clean water mix while the static brush bar gently agitates fibres to loosen dirt and stains.
- Onboard tools: look for useful onboard tools such as a carpet-treatment applicator, wash tool, stair hose and powered wash brush - ideal for refreshing stairs, upholstery and car interiors.
You carpet washer will include a cleaning solution to get you started but to continually get the best from your Vax carpet washer, choose the best solution for your family's needs.
AAA carpet cleaner - ideal for all homes
- Gently lifts dirt and stains
- Safe for use on all types of carpets, carries Woolsafe approval
- Neutralises odours leaving a fresh fragrance