Christmas tree buying guide
For most of us Christmas starts when we buy our Christmas tree. Which one to buy is the question. We have put together a quick guide with all the different types of artificial Christmas trees to help you choose the perfect one for your home. Artificial Christmas trees are really easy to set up and store and offer a great alternative if you don't want the fuss a real Christmas tree can bring.
Before you buy your tree, please check the following:
- Decide where you are going to put it
- Make sure you don't put it near a radiator or another heat source
- Make sure you have plugs nearby
- Check the height of your room
- Check you have enough width for the spread of your tree
Types of artificial Christmas trees
- Hinged - A hinged tree has the branches permanently attached. They fold out of the way for storage, so you need only put the centre pole together and open up the hinges to get the tree ready.
Note: assembling the tree takes little time and the branches will fall into place by themselves.
- Whipped - Like hinged trees a whipped tree's branches are permanently attached. The only difference between the two is that a whipped branch is flexible so pulls out to where you want it to be. Each branch will require individual fluffing.
How to assemble: please check our whipped Christmas tree assembly instructions.
Tip: The flexible branches are ideal when placing into a small space or corner of a room. You can manoeuvre the branches to get the best possible fit for the space you have whilst still having a full looking tree.
- Hooked - On a hooked model the branches are individually secured into the centre pole of the tree. Each branch will have a coloured end which needs to be linked up to the same coloured layer on the centre pole.
How to assemble: please check our hooked Christmas tree assembly instructions.
Tip: Start from the bottom upwards and pre fluff each branch before attaching to the centre pole to get the fullest look.
- Pop up - Simply place the pole provided into the base and overlay the tree firmly making sure the top part of the tree fixes into the pole.
How to assemble: please check our pop-up tree assembly instructions.
Note: The pop up tree has no branches to fluff and collapses for easy storage.
Our ranges of artificial Christmas Trees
- Traditional - Bring the outside inside this Christmas with our great range of artificial traditional trees. Our trees are designed to give you a real look without the limited life and shredding of needles. Available in a range of sizes and formats, there is a tree available for all needs.
- Coloured - If you are looking for something different this Christmas, check out our range of coloured trees. Perfect for children's bedrooms, our colours range from black to fuscia pink - complete the exciting look with our great range of online decorations.
- Pre-Lit - If you find installing Christmas lights frustrating then a pre-lit tree is a perfect and affordable solution. All our pre-lit trees come with LED lights and range from single-coloured to multicoloured lights.
- Fibre Optic - If you are looking for a magical display then our fibre optic trees are perfect. Our range produces unique and brilliant colour-changing effects - decorated or undecorated fibre optic trees still give you a stylish look.
- Ready to Dress - for those with little time to spare, ready to dress trees are just the right Christmas trees solution. Our range of decoration, light and tree packs plus pop up trees offer you a complete look at great value and to everyone's taste.