- Author: Peter Marren
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Books Ltd
- Published: 15 January 2009
- ISBN: 9781844158843
Buy on Tesco Direct from:
Do you want us to email you when this product is back in stock?
Clubcard Boost now on Make your vouchers go further
How does it work?
- Your vouchers are waiting for you at the Tesco direct checkout
- Add the vouchers you want to use and they will double automatically
- The value of your Boost vouchers will be taken from your order, saving you money
Bonus: If the value of your Boost vouchers is more than your order, you'll receive the difference in Clubcard points!Continue shopping
Britain was a place of conflict in the Dark Ages, between the departure of the Romans and the Norman Conquest. Clashes of allegiance, competition for territory and resources, and intense rivalries among the warlords and kings gave rise to frequent outbreaks of fighting. This was the time of legendary military leaders, like Arthur, Alfred and Canute, and of literally hundreds of battles. In this fascinating book, Peter Marren investigates this confused era of warfare, looks for the reality behind the myths, and uses the techniques of modern scholarship to show how battles were fought in that brutal age, where they were fought, and why.