Catalogue Number: 7W9-H52L
- Author: Arthur Miller
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Published: 03 December 2009
- ISBN: 9780141189970
Buy on Tesco Direct from:
Clubcard Boost now on Make your vouchers go further
How does it work?
- Your vouchers are waiting for you at the Tesco direct checkout
- Add the vouchers you want to use and they will double automatically
- The value of your Boost vouchers will be taken from your order, saving you money
In Joe and Kate Keller's family garden, an apple tree - a memorial to their son Larry, lost in the Second World War - has been torn down by a storm. But his loss is not the only part of the family's past they can't put behind them. Not everybody's forgotten the court case that put Joe's partner in jail, or the cracked engine heads his factory produced which caused it and dropped twenty-one pilots out of the sky!
American dramatist Arthur Miller was born in New York City in 1915. In 1938 Miller won awards for his comedy The Grass Still Grows. His major achievement was Death of a Salesman, which won the 1949 Pulitzer Prize for drama and the 1949 New York Drama Critics' Circle Award. The Crucible was aimed at the widespread congressional investigation of subversive activities in the US; the drama won the 1953 Tony Award. Miller's autobiography, Timebends: A Life was published in 1987.