Gilbert White's House and Garden & The Oates Museum
Visit this charming 18th Century country house, the home of the famous naturalist, Rev. Gilbert White, and explore the house's interior as well as 20 acres of surrounding gardens.
What you get
Enjoy a lovely day out in Selbourne at Gilbert White's House and Garden & The Oates Museum. You can come and go as you please once you've paid to get in and, when you exchange just £2.50 in Clubcard vouchers for £10 back in museum tokens, you can do so for a lot less.
The museum itself has been brilliantly restored to how it would have looked in White's day, and it serves to celebrate important individuals in the exploration of the natural world. You're invited to observe White's original handwritten manuscript, the Natural History of Selbourne, which is now one of the most printed books in the English language.
The Oates Museum commemorates Victorian explorers, Frank and Lawrence Oates, who joined Captain Robert Scott and his team on their adventure to the South Pole in 1911. Elsewhere the large garden is has several seclusions, paths and floral delights where different sections have been created to offer a variety of plant life and artistic features.
This is a lovely museum to spend with a friend or loved one, right in the middle of the beautiful little village of Selbourne.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Fantastic house, gardens and parklandBy mundo21 August 2014aged 35 to 44Male
Lovely old house full of interesting exhibits from the naturalist side of Gilbert White and the South Pole explorers of Frank and Lawrence Oates. Fantastic gardens and parkland to stroll through and the village is very picturesque and very old. When we visited there were large dragonflies and mistletoe which were both great to see. The house is literally on Selbourne high street but as soon as you step into the 'back garden' there are acres of parkland to explore. Car park is a 5 minute walk from the house entrance.Date used : 16/08/2014
- Great museumsBy Tucker206 July 2014aged 45 to 54Female
Well laid out museums. Three in one museums that gave enough information and a lovely garden to explore too. Free car parking in the village and a short walk required. Also you can get a year's ticket to return again for free. Excellent cafe facilities and a lovely village.Date used : 21/06/2014
- Through the garden gate.By Pinkshoes18 June 2014aged 45 to 54Female
Tesco Boost is Brilliant! Good value and easy to order. I spent some of my clubcard points so my husband and I, plus our well traveled, well behaved dog could have a day out. I ordered my voucher online and it arived by post a few days later. We went to look around the gardens of "The Wakes" often refered to as Guilbert Whites House. We went on a midweek day in June, the weather was showers and sunshine. On arival we handed over our voucher and a small cash amount. We were made very welcome.Date used : 03/06/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.