Camera Obscura & World of Illusions
Kids and adults alike will love Edinburgh's Camera Obscura and World of Illusions. The whole experience is designed to mess with your mind and fool your eyes with dazzling photographic displays.
What you get
With five floors of weird and wonderful camera trickery, Edinburgh's Camera Obscura and World of Illusions museum will keep active minds occupied for hours. You can experience it for less by exchanging Clubcard vouchers.
Just exchange £2.50 in vouchers and you'll get £10 back in tokens for your visit. From there, a topsy-turvy world awaits.
There's so much to do here that after a while you won't know which way is up. Begin with a live tour of the city without leaving building; simply watch live footage of the streets below projected onto a viewing table. Then move onto the roof of the building and take in the real Edinburgh and beyond via powerful telescopes.
Around the rest of the museum you can see all sorts of weird things including a tunnel of stars, a mirror maze, 3D holograms, even get a picture of you or your mate's head on a dinner plate of food.
Camera Obscura and World of Illusions makes you a part of the action. You bring illusions to life by being in them. Otherwise you can simply stand and be amazed.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- well worth a visitBy kirktonlass19 July 2014aged 55 to 64Female
It must be almost 30 years since we visited here - we took advantage of the clubcard sale and got £110 worth of days out tokens for £22 in vouchers. As you don't get change I paid an extra £5 and we got an adult ticket and 2 senior tickets for £30 of tokens - a family in front of us were nearly £60 for an adult, 2 seniors and 2 children!! Well worth a visit as we all thoroughly enjoyed all the exhibits on all the other floors. Not good for anyone bad on their legs though as we didn't see a lift and it is over 6 floors!! Great fun for all agesDate used : 17/07/2014
- Great Day OutBy Jendrew18 July 2014aged 65 or overFemale
Wonderful day out well worth a visit.Great for both children and adultsDate used : 18/07/2014
- FascinatingBy Ange2012 June 2014aged 55 to 64Female
Spent three hours here and it was absolutely fascinating. We were on the first showing for the actual camera obscura and there were only 6 of us so we were able to have a good view. The other floors were equally as entertaining and well worth a visit. Staff were really friendly and helpful.Date used : 02/06/2014
- Camera ObscuraBy rache6505 June 2014aged 45 to 54Female
Visited over the May half term holidays and the place was very busy. The talk on the 6th floor (Mathew) was funny and the kids really enjoyed it. Some of the illusions I had seen before (facebook in particular) however they were all new to the kids (aged 10, 12 and 50 ;) ) and they had a brilliant time. Nowhere to sit and have a coffee or just a bit of a rest however you can have your hand stamped and return at a later time on the same day. We did this and the staff were very welcoming. Place was virtually empty and the kids got to have a much longer go on the computers. The 4th floor was the most popular floor and housed the most interesting interactive displays. Probably wouldn't have gone if we hadn't had Tesco vouchers as lots to see and do in Edinburgh however glad we did as the kids voted it the second best thing we did on our city break (pandas at Edinburgh Zoo got first spot). Thanks Tesco.Date used : 25/05/2014
- excellent valueBy lovinlife04 June 2014aged 55 to 64Female
Purchased these Tesco reward vouchers as gift for grandchildren aged 13 and 9 to visit whilst on holiday in the borders. Visited 27th May 2014 whilst in Edinburgh. Most enjoyable 3 hours.Date used : 27/05/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.