Camera Obscura & World of Illusions
Kids and adults alike will love Edinburgh's Camera Obscura and World of Illusions. The whole experience is designed to mess with your mind and fool your eyes with dazzling photographic displays.
What you get
With five floors of weird and wonderful camera trickery, Edinburgh's Camera Obscura and World of Illusions museum will keep active minds occupied for hours. You can experience it for less by exchanging Clubcard vouchers.
Just exchange £2.50 in vouchers and you'll get £10 back in tokens for your visit. From there, a topsy-turvy world awaits.
There's so much to do here that after a while you won't know which way is up. Begin with a live tour of the city without leaving building; simply watch live footage of the streets below projected onto a viewing table. Then move onto the roof of the building and take in the real Edinburgh and beyond via powerful telescopes.
Around the rest of the museum you can see all sorts of weird things including a tunnel of stars, a mirror maze, 3D holograms, even get a picture of you or your mate's head on a dinner plate of food.
Camera Obscura and World of Illusions makes you a part of the action. You bring illusions to life by being in them. Otherwise you can simply stand and be amazed.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Good day outBy Comet20 April 2015aged 45 to 54Female
We spent a good couple of hours at Camera Obscura and World of Illusions and our two children loved it. I wouldn't say it is a whole day out as we covered it all in 2 hours, but it was good fun. I suppose if you wanted to go off for lunch and come back in later you could do that though. The view from the top is amazing and a lot of the World of Illusions is hands on and makes you laugh. Glad we got a voucher for some money off though as that was a bonus and it is quite expensive to get in.Date used : 07/04/2015
- Great day outBy chezwylde20 April 2015aged 35 to 44Female
Really enjoyed it, very interactive. Great views of the city. Only downside no cafe at the top Would certainly go againDate used : 02/04/2015
- Great day outBy Elliebunny18 April 2015
We had a great time. The various floors kept the children enthralled for hours. You can also get your hand stamped so that you can come and go from the building all day. This was useful at lunch time as there's nowhere really to eat inside.
- Quality AttractionBy Holty15 April 2015aged 45 to 54Male
This is as good as all the other reviewers say it is. Children absolutely loved it and a total bargain with clubcard vouchers. A Must Do.Date used : 04/04/2015
- Camera Obscura Excellent use of Tesco tokensBy Maisie555brown13 April 2015aged 65 or overFemale
I took my two Great Grandchildren, boy age 8yrs and girl aged 5yrs. This visit was amazing thoroughly enjoyed by the children . The biggest problem was that it was absolutely mobbed by lots of Edinburgh people and many visitors. my two G-G-Children are still talking about it and wanting their parents to go back with them but I suggested not at the weekend.Date used : 26/03/2015
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.