Dean Heritage Centre
The beautiful Forest of Dean is revealed and explained in thorough detail at the Dean Heritage Centre. A day here will not be forgotten when visited by families or groups of friends alike.
What you get
Discover how a forest was formed on the heels of industry with the unique museum and woodland site, and experience it all for less when you use Clubcard vouchers. Just exchange £2.50 in vouchers for a £10 return in tokens, and the Dean Heritage Centre is yours to explore.
The centre itself allows you to experience the lives of traditional tradesmen from charcoal burners to free miners while, inside the museum, you'll learn the history of the forest from the Ice Age right up to modern times.
Other attractions include a children's playground and even daily chainsaw carving demonstrations to observe. Alternatively there's the Gruffalo's Child Trail to explore complete with exciting sensory boxes. Kids can also dress up in the old Victorian School room, or see what a traditional forester's cottage would look like in the accurately recreated stone building.
There's so much going on at the Dean Heritage Centre, with lots of variety to appeal to a wide spread of tastes and ages. Take the whole gang here and enjoy a day in one of the UK's best-loved woodlands.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- secluded little placeBy moneysavvymum12 August 2014aged 25 to 34Female
Wasn't sure what to expect with this centre, we thought it may have been bigger. But what was there was interesting, the museum exhibitions were really informative and the victorian cottage and school were a fun addition. We thought there may have been some accessible walks within the forest but sadly none were offered, it could be something for the centre to look in to.Date used : 30/07/2014
- Great day outBy BedsBetty22 July 2014aged 55 to 64Female
Well worth a visit. Plenty to keep you occupied all day, even without kids. Homemade cakes in cafe looked lovely, but had taken a picnic, so didn't get to try them. Great chain saw carvings.Date used : 09/07/2014
- Excellent value family day out - Gruffalo trail!By Nanabella02 August 2013aged 35 to 44Female
Just back from our day out at the Dean Heritage Centre. They are currently running a Gruffalo's child trail (and easter 2014 will be Witch on the broom). Lovely setting, with lots of interesting things about forest life to see and experience. Plenty of make and do opportunities for the kids and adventure playground for them to wear themselves out! Good café with lovely homemade cakes too.Date used : 02/08/2013
- Family Day out for about £20By nickkazz25 June 2013aged 35 to 44Male
Wonderful place for all the family + you have the Grufflo Trail also there is a lovely lake across the road a great Cheep day out.Date used : 15/08/2012
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.