Howletts Wild Animal Park
Howletts Wild Animal Park lets you get up close to its residents for a great family day out in the Canterbury countryside.
What you get
Set in over 90 acres of sprawling parkland, The Aspinall Foundation's Howletts Wild Animal Park is chock-full of unusual and exotic livestock for you to explore. You can all get in for less by exchanging Clubcard vouchers - for every £2.50 in vouchers you exchange, you'll get £10 back in tokens put towards admission costs. From there, the park and all its residents await.
There's so much to see here and all the big stars of the natural world are eagerly waiting to show off their size and abilities. Fierce big cats like the Sumatran and Siberian tigers, Snow Leopard and North Chinese Leopard, together with their smaller cousins like lynx, the Clouded Leopard, ocelot and big-eared serval can all be seen; while giants like the Black Rhinos, African Elephants and the largest collection of Western Lowland Gorillas in the world can hardly be missed.
Meanwhile there are loads of other animals over which to ogle such as a bunch of wild dogs, primates, and the infamous Honey Badger. They all coincide to make for a truly eye-opening day at one of Britain's best-loved zoos and all-round visitor attractions.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- very poor day outBy feef29 March 2015aged 45 to 54Female
visited week commencing 21 march, one area of gorilla pound was closed and saw a couple in open one but they looked sad and unmotivated saw no tigers as too far away i know this is a wild animal park but expect to see main attraction whilst there especially as very expensive to get in if voucher wasnt usedDate used : 24/03/2015
- Great day outBy PaulineH03 March 2015aged 55 to 64Female
I exchanged £7.50 worth of tokens for boost tickets which gave me enough to buy two child tickets at Howletts (£15.95 each) The £7.50 was transformed into £30 worth of tokens. My grandsons and I had a fabulous day out in the half term for very small money(I already had a passport ticket so just petrol and food plus a couple of pounds extra at the till). Howletts Zoo near Canterbury is a lovely place to go for all ages.We got to see baby elephants up close, plenty of talks from the keepers, and most of the animals came out to say hallo. The boys also enjoyed the Treetops Walk at the end of the day, although this is extra( £12 for 2) but again, well worth the money. Getting Tesco tokens was so easy. All in all a great experience and one I will do again when I have enough vouchers to exchange. Thankyou Tesco xDate used : 19/02/2015
- A most enjoyable dayBy BerkshireMum25 September 2014aged 55 to 64Female
We (3 adults) visited Howlett's Zoo on a September Monday in brilliant sunshine and stayed for the whole day. There may not be the widest range of animals, but we were very impressed by the size of the African elephant herd (13 individuals, including a 3 month old baby) and also the Lowland Gorilla colony, both of which we watched for a long time. There is a good variety of big cats too, though in smaller numbers. The educational talks spread throughout the day were very worthwhile, and the young lady who did them was very willing to answer all our queries. There are four picnic areas in the park and we enjoyed watching the Colobus monkeys as we ate our lunch. Our only disappointment was the much vaunted 'Walking with lemurs'. We went through the enclosure at three different times during the day, but found no sign of a single animal. We suspect that they had been moved, but there was no information to say so. All in all, though, a most enjoyable day.Date used : 15/09/2014
- Port Lymne - VisitBy Southwickpaul15 September 2014aged 55 to 64Male
Brilliant day out for our son with special needs on his 15th birthday. The safari was ideal as it started raining as we arrived and so kept us dry whilst we toured around the park. All staff very friendly and well versed on how to help children with special needs.Date used : 07/09/2014
- An excellent family day outBy JohnW30 August 2014aged 45 to 54Male
We took our children and their children to Howletts for a day out, just before the start of the new school term. With family members working, we picked a date in August and when the weather forecast was pretty poor we wondered if we were mad to still go. The rain driving to and from the Park was horrible but whilst we were there, about 6 hours, it was actually fine! Because of the weather forecast the car park was virtually empty at 10am and the Park was really quiet all day. The children loved the animals and we found a covered bench big enough for all of us to sit together for lunch, watching the monkeys. A real family day out. The only slightly disappointing aspect is whilst we "pay" full price for the tickets in Clubcard points (the entrance fee for us would have been over £250), you don't get the free return visits for a year that we would have got if we had actually paid the admission price. We understand there will be negotiations between Tesco and Howletts but if we had free return we would go back and every time we go back it is likely we will spend money around the Park, eg ice creams, coffees, perhaps food, in the gift shop, etc.Date used : 26/08/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are not valid for the Howletts Passport.