For a real historical treat, head to York for Barley Hall , the Medieval townhouse once owned by the Priors of Nostell and the Mayor of York. You're even welcome to get comfy in the furniture within and handle various objects around the house.
What you get
Barley Hall, having been lovingly repaired to resemble exactly how it once looked during the 14th Century, is a wonderful place to visit, and you can do so for less when you exchange Clubcard vouchers.
For every £2.50 in vouchers you exchange, you'll receive £10 back in tokens for your visit. Then Barley Hall is yours to explore and absorb at your leisure.
The house itself is beautifully archaic with exposed timber beams, high ceilings and, possibly, England's only horn window. We're lucky to have the house at all because, in 1987, it was nearly destroyed along with the office block facade that covered its frontage.
Take your partner or the family for a visit round this incredible old York townhouse for a gigantic step back in British history.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- A fantastic place to fire childrens imaginationBy Judith4901 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
This place is amazing, It's so child friendly it's fantastic, it's very hands on and everyone is encouraged to touch, sniff, listen, try things on and ask questions, there's so much to keep everyone amused. We learnt an amazing amount about how people used to live, including the family that used to live in the building, it was informative for all of us. The best part was the incredible volunteers that work on a Wednesday. Their enthusiasm for the place was infectious and they brought it to life firing our imaginations. There's plenty of shorter explanations placed all around the building for younger children but there's longer, more in depth explanations for things for older children or adults. It's a great place for all ages and I fail to see how anyone could be disappointed with a visit here, it's a great way to spend a morning. I was surprised that it wasn't more expensive to get in here and using my Tesco vouchers made it an even bigger bargain.Date used : 30/07/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are only valid on individual ticket prices.