Grab the nearest shovel and take the kids over to DIG where they can busily rummage through specialised rubber soil for bones, artifacts, and pieces of ancient history.
What you get
Enter DIG for less when you exchange just £2.50 in Clubcard vouchers. Having done so, you'll receive £10 back in DIG tokens for your day out.
At DIG, kids get to scoop around the indoor dig sites for their own discoveries. They'll also learn what life during Roman, Viking, Medieval and Victorian times was like thanks to explanations on various archaeological finds.
Further through the centre they'll learn about real life archaeology methods from how finds are recorded to what sort of dirt and bugs would be found in a Victorian house. Then, at the end of their experience, kids will see a 3D audiovisual tour of what life would have been like in the periods they've been investigating.
It's a proper history lesson and a real insight into archaeology. Perfect for inquisitive children with a passion for getting under the earth's surface.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- DIGBy Droitwichfamily03 September 2014aged 35 to 44Female
We are a family of 5 with 3 boys with the ages of 13/10 and 7, we all had a great time at the DIG, the staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and made sure that everyone in the tour was involved. The attraction was very well laid out and informative so the children had fun learning, everything was clearly labeled and accessible.Date used : 23/08/2014
- Great family interactive funBy Lucyfraz27 September 2013aged 35 to 44Female
Neighbours recommended Dig & also Castle Museum in joint top spot of attractions they visited in York. I have to agree (National Rail Museum also great). Kids (aged 6 & 4) loved digging about in the pits, the guide was authoritative & clearly knew how to bring it alive for kids: we were all captivated. 5 kids (age range 4-13) in our tour group & they were all right in there with questions, answers & trowels. Good range: fossilised Viking poo(!), Victorian everyday items, pottery/bones, Roman artefacts. Well presented, entertaining & educational - my little girl is determined to be an archaeologist now! Well worth a visit & a good value deal.Date used : 31/09/2013
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Vouchers can be used to purchase individual adult, senior, child and disabled tickets only. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or to purchase family tickets. They can also not be used to purchase souvenir brochures or items from our gift shop.
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are valid on individual ticket prices only and are not valid with joint tickets or the YAT Pass