Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum
Thinktank is Birmingham's amazing science museum devoted to educating in fun and interactive ways that kids will instantly love.
What you get
Bring the kids to this phenomenal museum of learning and discovery. Use Clubcard vouchers to get in and enjoy it all for less. Simply exchange £2.50 in vouchers and you'll get £10 back in tokens for your visit.
There are loads of exhibitions where children can investigate the past, present, and future of our world with all sorts of interactive pieces; a Science Garden full of mechanical structures with which to experiment; and other iconic exhibits including the RoboThespian and the City of Birmingham Locomotive.
The Kids' Park provides even more opportunity to learn in fun and unique ways, and the new We Made It shows how Birmingham played a part in making essential industrial goods that are used across the world.
Thinktank really is a fantastic day out for families and children especially. They'll spend hours here learning new things but having fun along the way. Experience it for less today and see what your kids discover.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- A nice Family Day outBy Boyan05 November 2014aged 65 or overMale
My wife and I took our grandson aged 11 and our granddaughter aged 14 to the thinktank. The first thing was to go to the Planetarium, which was amazing. The video was streamed to the rounded ceiling, and took us through the night sky and then for a trip into the galaxy. Fantastic. We split my wife with our granddaughter and myself with my grandson.He really enjoyed the interactive stuff in the garden. We arrived at 11.30 in the morning, and left at closing time 5.00pm I went down the memory trip enjoyed the cars, motor bikes and the train.Date used : 30/10/2014
- Touch MuseumBy Season26 September 2014aged 35 to 44Female
We visited on 03/09/2014 with 4 year old. She had best time ever. First thing was digger & balls. lot of fun with water play, plantorium & making aliens, ball rolling like how guttering works! Planatorim. Brilliant garden, water, weight, solar panel, wheel chair race, boat & canal, syringing, bronze bowl + water. She enjoyed. I have decide to buy annule pass. My daughter has given the name"TOUCH MUSEUM". We did not see everthing. Building & staff are really helpful & polite. Thank youDate used : 03/09/2014
- great value fun for allBy vw1122 September 2014aged 55 to 64Female
Lots of varied things to see and try out with 2 grandchildren 7 and 3yrs old. Inside they thought it 'Awesome' to see spitfire, hurricane, City of Birmingham Steam Engine and a double decker traml! All sizes of beam engines to see too. Play area includes hospital, dentist, cafe and small boats to push around water pathway. Outside you can work out how a loch works using a model complete with boats and water. Lots of games to play while still learning. We spent 5 hours and look forward to returning as still lots to see and do. Excellent value.Date used : 04/09/2014
- Excellent place!By Smithy157528 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Myself, my husband and our two children (11 & 6) came here in the school holidays using our club card vouchers. It's becoming increasingly hard to find them something they both enjoy due to different ages - until we came to the Thinktank! They both had a fab day, my son (a budding scientist) really enjoyed all the body section and the electronics, my Daughter (a real live wire) really enjoyed all the interactive stuff. Plenty for them to play on and touch/feel. They both enjoyed the science garden which have us a chance to sit down for a cuppa! The cafe was busy buyer got there about 11.45 so times it right, it got really busy after 12. Good parking, good toilets, lovely staff! Well worth a visit!Date used : 07/08/2014
- fantastic placeBy beautbeaut27 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Wow what a place, far exceeded our expectations. We have children aged 14, 12, 9 & 5 boy, girl, boy, girl! Not one of them was disappointed, there is something for everyone. Very hands on, the planetarium was superb make sure you go early enough so you can take it all in, we missed out on full use of the science garden as a storm came over, and it closed, but leave yourself a good hour or more to explore that area too. Very informative as well as fun. Will most definitely go again!Date used : 14/08/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are not valid for the IMAX cinema.