Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum
Thinktank is Birmingham's amazing science museum devoted to educating in fun and interactive ways that kids will instantly love.
What you get
Bring the kids to this phenomenal museum of learning and discovery. Use Clubcard vouchers to get in and enjoy it all for less. Simply exchange £2.50 in vouchers and you'll get £10 back in tokens for your visit.
There are loads of exhibitions where children can investigate the past, present, and future of our world with all sorts of interactive pieces; a Science Garden full of mechanical structures with which to experiment; and other iconic exhibits including the RoboThespian and the City of Birmingham Locomotive.
The Kids' Park provides even more opportunity to learn in fun and unique ways, and the new We Made It shows how Birmingham played a part in making essential industrial goods that are used across the world.
Thinktank really is a fantastic day out for families and children especially. They'll spend hours here learning new things but having fun along the way. Experience it for less today and see what your kids discover.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Great day out!!By Caz19903 June 2015aged 35 to 44Female
We took our girls aged 3yrs, 20months & 2wks. Obviously the newborn wasn't bothered, but the other two didn't know which way to turn there was so much to look at and interact with. The Street where they play act in each section was their favourite, and the working phones they loved. We were lucky and it was a nice day, so we ate our picnic outside and they loved playing with the water features. We stayed about 3hrs and that was enough for us. Tesco vouchers makes this a very cheap day out. Thank you xxDate used : 18/05/2015
- Good science museum for all the familyBy ayreline18 April 2015aged 35 to 44Male
This is an excellent museum. The human biology section has lots of good experiments for children and adults. The ground floor has huge working steam engines and the City of Birmingham train. The Science Garden has good practical exhibits about forces etc. The planetarium cost extra, but was not worth seeing (only 10 minutes and not very informative).Date used : 11/04/2015
- An OK day outBy paprika31 March 2015aged 35 to 44Female
I used my clubcard vouchers for a day out for my birthday. I've been before, so this of course influences my thoughts, but it is just an OK place to visit. Many exhibits for kids are looking very old and tatty, lots of bits missing etc. During term time the cafe isn't open, or wasn't when I visited, with just a food trolley available. The sandwiches were dry and seemingly past their best. The science garden is good but so run over with school trips that it's hard to get time on the exhibits. It's great of course that schools use it, just means you need to time using the garden with their lunch. The planetarium is great but dependent on what they are showing, with some shows better than others.
- A nice Family Day outBy Boyan05 November 2014aged 65 or overMale
My wife and I took our grandson aged 11 and our granddaughter aged 14 to the thinktank. The first thing was to go to the Planetarium, which was amazing. The video was streamed to the rounded ceiling, and took us through the night sky and then for a trip into the galaxy. Fantastic. We split my wife with our granddaughter and myself with my grandson.He really enjoyed the interactive stuff in the garden. We arrived at 11.30 in the morning, and left at closing time 5.00pm I went down the memory trip enjoyed the cars, motor bikes and the train.Date used : 30/10/2014
- Touch MuseumBy Season26 September 2014aged 35 to 44Female
We visited on 03/09/2014 with 4 year old. She had best time ever. First thing was digger & balls. lot of fun with water play, plantorium & making aliens, ball rolling like how guttering works! Planatorim. Brilliant garden, water, weight, solar panel, wheel chair race, boat & canal, syringing, bronze bowl + water. She enjoyed. I have decide to buy annule pass. My daughter has given the name"TOUCH MUSEUM". We did not see everthing. Building & staff are really helpful & polite. Thank youDate used : 03/09/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Vouchers can be used to purchase individual adult, senior, child and disabled tickets only. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or to purchase family tickets. They can also not be used to purchase souvenir brochures or items from our gift shop.
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are not valid for the IMAX cinema.