P&O is Britain's number one cruise line. Holidaying at sea is one unlike a lot of others. Beautiful natural sights await you every day, and the ship itself becomes a part of your holiday in such a way a hotel never could.
What you get
P&O Cruises have been perfecting the art of cruising for over 170 years and are delighted that more British passengers choose to travel with them than any other cruise line.
A familiar home from home atmosphere can be enjoyed on each ship, which is a result of tailored entertainment, menus and style of service, all of which are tuned to the taste of British passengers.
There are 156 cruise holidays to choose from visiting 270 of the world's most wonderful destinations in 90 countries.
P&O Cruises are also delighted to introduce to you their largest and most diverse world cruise programme to date.
Visit iconic destinations such as San Francisco, New Orleans, Rio De Janeiro, Sydney, Hong Kong and Cape Town. Explore teeming streets one day and deserted beaches another. The list goes on, as do the experiences waiting to be had.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with P&O Cruises,
additional information about P&O Cruises (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Good dealBy Mad6523 Febuary 2015aged 65 or overFemale
I saved my coupons until I had a substantial amount and have booked a Caribbean cruise on Britannia for December 2015. Regarding previous comments about not getting the "perks" because I was using club card points, we fly to Barbados so we have no need for free parking or coach travel. None of the ports we call at need the use of a shuttle bus so we didn't need that either. We were able to select our cabin and will still be considered for an upgrade. All in all I am very happy with the deal. I saved over £1,300 which is fantastic. The young lady at P&O was extremely helpful. I found I was treated with the same courtesy as when I have booked a cruise not using club card coupons. My husband still received the on board spend P&O give to veterans and serving members of HM Forces. I would not hesitate in the future to use my points for another cruise.Date used : 24/02/2015
- Excellent - would recommendBy ClubcardFanatic03 December 2014aged 45 to 54Female
For this to be worthwhile you need to have lots of vouchers. We saved ours for two years. First cruise June 2012 when vouchers paid for over half the cruise. Second one October 2014 when vouchers paid for a 12 day cruise for 2 - we only had to pay £71.50 each from our bank account and P&O credited our on ship account with £100 when they adjusted their pricing system (the cruise had been booked since April 2013). This is really worth it if you have a lot of vouchers - and I really recommend P&O cruises. Will be booking next one April 2015 ready to sail in 2016 - all thanks to club card.Date used : 14/10/2014
- Absolute conBy Nigey07 November 2014aged 55 to 64Male
Have recently made a complaint to Tesco regarding this partner company. After contacting P&O to enquire about prices for a cruise to Norway and Iceland I was advised that the Early Saver price was not available via Clubcard Boosts and, furthermore, even if I paid the full price I would not be able to get the advertised "extras" of either free coach travel, free parking or £70 free on board spend per person. I would also not qualify for the free shuttle buses at the various ports of call. Taking into account the difference between the Early Saver price and the standard price and the loss of extras, for my £272 worth of Clubcard vouchers ( x3 = £816) I was actually getting £176 off my cruise by using £272 of Clubcard Vouchers! How can this be right? COME ON TESCO, SORT THIS OUT!!!Date used : 06/11/2014
- Should do betterBy Docman04 November 2014
As others have said good to get money off the cruise however, compete waste of time unless you have a substantial amount because P&O don't give on board spending and free parking so you lose out on their value . In addition you can not book until vouchers are in your hand and then you have to post them to P&O it's about time the vouchers were received and spent electronically as some other companies do. This makes you feel like P&O are offering something they don't really want to give. Come on P&O I thought you were better than this !
- Only do if you have a good amount of vouchersBy Wife0514 October 2014aged 35 to 44Female
I have just booked a two week cruise to the Caribbean on the new Britannia ship for October 2015. I wouldn't have done this if I only had a few vouchers to exchange as it would not be worth it, as you do loose any 'other benefits'. The booking was extremely simple and still the same price as the website, I was able to choose the cabin I wanted and am still entitled to a free upgrade if available. You still have to pay the deposit, but once the vouchers are received they can refund you.Date used : 09/10/2014
Add to basket
• Cruise must be for a minimum of 6-night duration.
• You must book with the tour operator at least 94 days before you travel.
• The total cost of your booking must be a minimum of £500 excluding optional extras
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens are valid on new bookings only and are non-transferable. This offer can only be booked via the operator`s dedicated Tesco telephone line and cannot be booked via the internet, travel agent or other method. Tokens may only be used to pay for the basic cost of the cruise. `Basic cost` does not include: domestic flights; flight upgrades; land tours; hotels; shore excursions; payment towards on board spend of any type; surcharges; administration fees; car parking fees; fuel supplements; or any optional extras or ancillary items. Tokens may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
• Websites shown are for information only - tokens cannot be used for internet bookings and are not valid on prices shown on the internet.
• Check whether your holiday insurance covers the loss of the value of your Clubcard vouchers should you have to cancel, as most policies don’t cover this. Tesco Travel Insurance does offer a policy which covers the loss of Clubcard vouchers under an insured event. For details, phone - 0845 300 88 00*** (Typetalk 18001 0845 300 88 00).
• Please see Clubcard terms and conditions for more information. ***Calls cost 7p, plus 2p per minute for BT Calling Plans. Other providers may vary. Calls may be recorded.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights