Mid Hants Railway Watercress Line
Explore some of Hampshire's beautiful countryside with the Mid Hants Railway Watercress Line. It's a lovely, relaxing day out for any age all year round.
What you get
Chugging through 10 miles of Hampshire between Alresford and Alton, these lovingly restored machines spend every day transporting families and individuals on historic journeys. You can get yours for less when you exchange Clubcard vouchers.
Just exchange £2.50 in vouchers and you'll get £10 back in tokens for your trip.
On these hour-long journeys you'll have the chance to explore four period train stations from Alton and Medstead, to Ropley and Alresford. The trains are either steam or vintage diesel, and operate at regular intervals all throughout the day.
Put some Clubcard vouchers towards a charming and authentic trip on one of Britain's iconic locomotive constructions.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Watercress lineBy Ajstitching31 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Fantastic day out for me my husband and two 10 year olds, I would recommend it to my friends and family x what was nice, you didn't pay more for travelling in first class, the people on the train gave girls a bag of stuff to keep them amused which you left for other children to use, very friendly staffDate used : 25/08/2014
- Great day at the Watercress LineBy Owlman26 August 2014aged 65 or overMale
We had an excellent day travelling on the Mid Hants Railway, and with the Tesco Clubcard vouchers it only cost £2.00. As well as the railway journey we had a lovely time walking round Alresford on their Millennium Trail. Don't forget to visit the Globe for a pint in a beautiful setting.Date used : 24/08/2014
- FantasticBy 29 June 2014aged 55 to 64Female
This was an amazing day out with the grandchildren, aged 8 years and 4 years. I exchanged Tesco tokens to cover the full price ticket for a family of four. The children loved the steam trains and being able to run free on board looking at different old carriages. It was a rainy day but we managed to keep dry travelling between stations, and we had our picnic on board. The staff at the Watercress line were an extremely friendly bunch, always smiling and the conductor let the children hole punch the ticket! At Ropley station the eldest child was excited by walking across the original bridge used in the Harry Potter film, and the younger child loved seeing Thomas the tank engine in the yard.Date used : 28/06/2014
- Nostalgia-filled day out for all agesBy PWBAldershot27 June 2014aged 55 to 64Male
My wife and I are regular visitors to the Watercress Line. If you want a bit more to do when you visit, brochures covering the area give you plenty of information and are available at Alton and Alresford stations (or look online) . To experience watercress beds and a wonderful old town in the Hampshire countryside, explore Alresford and its surroundings. All four station stops along the route are worth investigating but I recommend a good look at the train timetable to work out a sensible stop/start itinerary - a picnic stop-over at Ropley station is a great idea as that's where you can also browse the engine sheds. Don't miss the shop at Alresford - lots of train-related "stuff" and ice-creams! This can be a really active day out, or you can just side back and enjoy the ride on the train. Watch out for the special event days in the calendar, though, as those cannot usually be paid for using Tesco Clubcard vouchers,Date used : 25/07/2013
- really nice tripBy DMCRE17 June 2014aged 45 to 54Male
What a great way to see the lovely Hampshire countryside riding on a period train with a beautiful steam locomotive at its head. The staff and volunteers we very pleasant and welcoming -- a great day out and super value with these tokens.Date used : 10/06/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are not valid for events like ‘Day Out With Thomas’, ‘Santa Specials’ and all others. Dining, children’s birthday parties, footplate rides, driving experiences and group bookings are also excluded.