Take a trip with DFDS Seaways and see why they were named the World's Leading Ferry Operator 2013 at the World Travel Awards.
What you get
DFDS Seaways is one of the largest ferry operators in Europe and, for the exchange of just £10 in Clubcard vouchers, you can get £30 in token codes to spend on your trip with them.
Newcastle - Amsterdam
DFDS Seaways offer a real 'mini cruise' experience and, when you arrive at the port near Amsterdam, you'll be less than 2 hours' drive away from the German or Belgian border. You'll be delighted with the Newcastle to Amsterdam cruise ferries and their wealth of on-board entertainment and restaurants. There's even a cinema and a Kids' Club so the whole family is occupied on the crossing from start to finish.
Dover - Dunkirk
Kick off your holidays aboard one of the beautiful DFDS Seaways ferries from Dover to Dunkirk in northern France. There are up to 24 crossings day and night between these locations, and the journey takes just two hours. With Dunkirk as your destination, you're in perfect stead for convenient access to Europe with France's excellent motorway network nearby. Back on board, however, you can enjoy peace and quiet in a classy bar while the children are let loose in the play area.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll send you two emails within 30 minutes – please note this may take longer due to additional security checks. One will be your order confirmation. The other will contain your token codes and instructions on how to use them.
3. Simply follow the instructions in your email to use your token codes.
- a great dealBy selfy25 August 2014aged 45 to 54Male
I am disabled,wheelchair user I ordered vouchers online and yea I paid,a £5.00 booking fee but got a 7 seat car and 6 of us from Dover to Dunkirk return for £14.00 The service from staff was first class at Dover parking my car by a disabled lift they couldn't have done more to help me reDate used : 18/08/2014
- Great cheap holidayBy Lisahxx123 August 2014aged 18 to 24Female
Great managed to get a cheap trip to amsterdam. Only bad point is that u can't book online u have to book over phone which isn't a free number and also they charge a £20 booking few over the phone.
- It's easy, quick and without problemsBy Piotr16 August 2014aged 45 to 54Male
Two times a year I travel on the route UK-France-UK. For me it is a good way to use Tesco vouchers. Good conversion pounds, so travel is cheap. It may be better to receive a promotional code to be used directly on the website DSDF.Date used : 01/08/2014
- Read the small print!!! Not valid for Calais.By neex08 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
I just wasted my vouchers as didn't realise you could only use for Dunkirk crossing. For my day of travel, it is more expensive to go to Dunkirk and therefore no point in using clubcard vouchers. Too late for me. What a waste, I can't even cancel now, just chucked all my vouchers away for nothing. Very annoying.
- Good valueBy Graymovers01 August 2014aged 65 or overFemale
Knew what I wanted and got that used vouchers before but got good value for my needs.Date used : 12/09/2014
- Beware of the T&C'sBy XoLeeoX14 July 2014aged 35 to 44Male
Let me start by saying, YES, it is a good deal, but please, please,please,ignore what DFDS tell you, when they say you can use vouchers against trailers on Dover-Dunkirk crossing, as in the Tesco Clubcard T&C's you can't , and trust me, you can't !!!, not even as part payment. I was lucky, thanks to requesting my previous recorded phone call be listened too, DFDS customer service were very very helpful, phew!! Happy Crossings to you all.Date used : 24/06/2014
- No flexibilityBy CarrieD13 July 2014aged 45 to 54Female
Initially got a voucher for £60 for a ferry trip from Dunkirk to Calais, but then found by paying a bit more the time of the trip could be flexible, so got a second voucher for £20. Three disappointments: 1. Was unable to book online so had to make an expensive phone call to book 2. Was not able to use more than one voucher so clubcard points wasted, 3. Not allowed to book anything other than a scheduled journey, so stuck with having to get to the ferry on time. After a two week driving holiday it would have been good to have had the flexibility.Date used : 02/07/2014
- Easy to exchange your clubcard points but...By DrAndre05 July 2014aged 25 to 34Male
Easy way to exchange your clubcard points but it's impossible to use code from e-mail on website. You have to ring to DFDS and they charging you. If you have 5-6 people what traveling with you, you have to give all name via phone sometimes this will be difficult.Date used : 30/06/2014
- Lack of boostBy sruthan02 June 2014
Used 10 of vouchers to leverage 30 towards dfds crossing. Unfortunately, there's a 20 booking fee for Amsterdam crossing cos you have to phone and a premium number which also costs. Simply not worth it for me. Lost my points for nothing :-(
- Read the terms and conditions and you'll be fineBy pootle17 May 2014aged 35 to 44Female
It did take a while to get through to the right department on the phone, but once I did it was really easy to book what I wanted, which was a single trip from Dunkirk to Dover. The staff I spoke to were all nice, friendly and efficient. All the terms and conditions for using Tesco vouchers are on the clubcard website as well as DFDS's website so as long as you read them before you start you won't have any surprises. The fares online were the same as the ones I was offered (full rate). Tesco emailed me the vouchers within 10 minutes and I used them to pay for the booking fee as well as the trip itself. No problems.Date used : 04/04/2014
- Poor, lost my vouchers for uselless exchange!!!!By mumtwins07 May 2014aged 45 to 54Female
First You must call to book ferry, so lost £ 8 for calling to dfds. Secend -the price on the phone is different from the website. They also charge You £ 5 for booking by phone. You must book your crossing a minimum of 28 days before your intended travel date! So lost my £ 10 voucher(wort £ 30) and £ 8 for calls. Poor tesco service!Date used : 07/05/2014
- Easter HolidayBy Shipster01 May 2014aged 45 to 54Female
Very good to pay for our return Dover/Dunkirk crossings with Tesco clubcard vouchers. We paid extra cash for the return crossing to travel first class as this can't be paid for using the vouchers. I would recomend telephoning DFDS for a price before ordering your vouchers as the price can be different from the website. Would recomend this offer to everyone.Date used : 18/04/2014
- Used £190 worth of tokens for a single booking.By CH6522 April 2014aged 25 to 34Male
All went well. Did not have to make a booking that included a car. Booking went smoothly over the phone. She even waived the booking fee as I mentioned the price was cheaper booking online. Ended up paying £5 on top of the voucher. I had to email them a copy of the voucher after booking. Booking was for 5 people, staying in a 5 bed room, return journey with one night in Amsterdam (we booked our own hotel).Date used : 06/03/2014
- You can't use this if you have a van / camperBy Missellie9815 April 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Beware! Read the T & C's very carefully. You can can only use this offer for cars. No vans, campers or trailers. Found this out to our cost. Now have a £90 token we cannot use!Date used : 15/04/2014
Add to basket
• Please note: only 1 token code can be used per booking.
• Token codes are valid on the following: Newcastle to Amsterdam or Dover to Dunkirk.
• All DFDS bookings on Newcastle to Amsterdam are subject to a £20 booking fee and £5 on Dover to Dunkirk. These fees can be paid for with tokens.
• Please note vouchers can only be used for Economy fares and cars under 2.35m high
• Caravans, motor homes and trailers can only be taken on the Newcastle to Amsterdam crossing.
• Prices are subject to availability. Maximum token redemption is £210 on Newcastle to Amsterdam crossings (including £20 booking fee, if paid for with tokens).
• You must book your crossing a minimum of 28 days before your intended travel date.
Terms & Conditions
• Subject to route terms and conditions which can be found here: www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/offers/tesco
• Check whether your holiday insurance covers the loss of the value of your Clubcard vouchers should you have to cancel, as most policies don’t cover this. Tesco Travel Insurance does offer a policy which covers the loss of Clubcard vouchers under an insured event. For details, phone - 0845 300 88 00*** (Typetalk 18001 0845 300 88 00).
• Please see Clubcard terms and conditions for more information. ***Calls cost 7p, plus 2p per minute for BT Calling Plans. Other providers may vary. Calls may be recorded.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.