Take a trip with DFDS Seaways and see why they were named the World's Leading Ferry Operator 2013 at the World Travel Awards.
What you get
DFDS Seaways is one of the largest ferry operators in Europe and, for the exchange of just £10 in Clubcard vouchers, you can get £30 in token codes to spend on your trip with them.
Newcastle - Amsterdam
DFDS Seaways offer a real 'mini cruise' experience and, when you arrive at the port near Amsterdam, you'll be less than 2 hours' drive away from the German or Belgian border. You'll be delighted with the Newcastle to Amsterdam cruise ferries and their wealth of on-board entertainment and restaurants. There's even a cinema and a Kids' Club so the whole family is occupied on the crossing from start to finish.
Dover - Dunkirk
Kick off your holidays aboard one of the beautiful DFDS Seaways ferries from Dover to Dunkirk in northern France. There are up to 24 crossings day and night between these locations, and the journey takes just two hours. With Dunkirk as your destination, you're in perfect stead for convenient access to Europe with France's excellent motorway network nearby. Back on board, however, you can enjoy peace and quiet in a classy bar while the children are let loose in the play area.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll send you two emails within 30 minutes – please note this may take longer due to additional security checks. One will be your order confirmation. The other will contain your token codes and instructions on how to use them.
3. Simply follow the instructions in your email to use your token codes.
- Works well if you reject initial quoteBy dashizzle05 March 2015aged 25 to 34Male
Went for this because, importantly, you can use vouchers to travel both ways unlike Le Shuttle. Having chosen our dates of travel and checked the online price (£80 return) I bought £75 worth of vouchers and was ready to pay the extra fiver and a little more when I rang up as it does state the price may be different. I was shocked to be quoted £220 return, and asked the operator to look for cheaper dates and times. To my surprise, she didn't change the date or time, but told me they could do my original journey for £90, which I accepted. An odd business set-up and the costly phonecall is a pain, but being able to get your car to the continent and back so cheaply is worth doing!Date used : 19/12/2014
- Easy bookingBy KP1202 March 2015aged 45 to 54Female
Checked what I needed on DFDS website and ordered the vouchers I required for crossing in May. Email was sent immediately. Contacted number on email for booking and booked return ferry trip to Dunkirk. Hayley from DFDS processed the booking with no problem whatsoever. Extremely efficient and helpful.
- Easy Booking ProcedureBy JKAB24 Febuary 2015aged 45 to 54Female
I worked out how much my journey was going to cost, including booking fees as your vouchers can pay for this too! I basically went through the whole booking procedure on the DFDS website until it came to payment selection, I stopped there. Then I came on here and selected the amount of tokens I needed. You get sent the email within 30 mins and can then phone the number (10p per minute) suggested on the email between 8am-8pm. I got through straightaway and chatted to a lovely Northern lady and made my booking. All done, nice and easy :-)Date used : 24/02/2015
- Great ExperienceBy Coxy23 Febuary 2015aged 35 to 44Female
Wanted to use my vouchers for a Dover to Dunkirk return trip at easter. Very easy to exchange the vouchers - received them within 20 mins and called up DFDS. Staff very helpful and booking made within 10 mins. Hopefully all goes smoothly for the crossing and no issues chekcing in but overall a good efficient service.Date used : 01/02/2015
- Tesco were great - cant say same for DFDS serviceBy wfmmf16 Febuary 2015aged 65 or overMale
Wanted to travel Dover / Dunkirk in May, 2015 utilising an offer by DFDS [20% off - ref E15EBO] and combined with Tesco Club cards or so i thought. DFDS Booking office with DFDS closed on Sunday, but managed to get an alternative number 020 8127 8303 in the North East,"and seemed to make a booking"but it didn't feel quite right [ for example could not pay by debit card, as the banks were not open ?? - and as it was a bad line and concerned about cc frauds thought i would contact DFDS in Dover the next day [ Monday]to complete deal & check if the booking reference given was actually correct. So on Monday tried to contact DFDS using several numbers - some worked other did not, those that did held me on for several minutes on an 0871 number, so i instigated live chat with a DFDS employee who promised a "call back" within half an hout to sort it all out [ i only wanted to pay] the balance of about £21.00. This did not occur [ 2.25 hours later than suggested] So i decided to cancel my Tesco clubcard vouchers [ which thanks to an employee in Club card Boost will be re credited] and started the process online all over again. which was completed in less than 3 minutes. Yes it cost more, but honestly, no further hassle with DFDS Dover, and i still keep my vouchers for another day. Please note the T & C on Tesco does differ with T & C on DFDS about using other promotions as not qualifying for Tesco clubcard tokens. If there is a fault with Tesco, it did not include the DFDS promotions comments [ which are really well hidden ] on the DFDS site. Also don't forget if you use Tesco you must ring up DFDS on a 0871 number [ normally] AND pay an additional charge to speak with a DFDS employee - unfortunately i was unable to do this on the Monday 16th Feb even though i tried for several hours, and no doubt have incurred an unecessary 0871 telepone bill because of it . As i say Tesco were great - as for DFDS, i can only hope for reasonable crossing in May !!.Date used : 16/02/2015
Add to basket
• Please note: only 1 token code can be used per booking.
• Token codes are valid on the following: Newcastle to Amsterdam or Dover to Dunkirk.
• All DFDS bookings on Newcastle to Amsterdam are subject to a £20 booking fee and £5 on Dover to Dunkirk. These fees can be paid for with tokens.
• Please note vouchers can only be used for Economy fares and cars under 2.35m high
• Prices are subject to availability. Maximum token redemption is £210 on Newcastle to Amsterdam crossings (including £20 booking fee, if paid for with tokens).
• You must book your crossing a minimum of 28 days before your intended travel date.
Terms & Conditions
• Subject to route terms and conditions which can be found here: www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/offers/tesco
• Check whether your holiday insurance covers the loss of the value of your Clubcard vouchers should you have to cancel, as most policies don’t cover this. Tesco Travel Insurance does offer a policy which covers the loss of Clubcard vouchers under an insured event. For details, phone - 0845 300 88 00*** (Typetalk 18001 0845 300 88 00).
• Please see Clubcard terms and conditions for more information. ***Calls cost 7p, plus 2p per minute for BT Calling Plans. Other providers may vary. Calls may be recorded.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.