Black Country Living Museum
For a giant leap back in time head to Dudley's Black Country Living Museum. It's a sprawling mass of period buildings, vehicles, and costumed actors that give the whole experience a genuine appeal.
What you get
With time periods dating from the Victorian era to the 1930s and areas round the West Midlands from Wolverhampton to Dudley itself all presented as they once were, a day at the Black Country Living Museum is one of enjoyment and insight.
To experience it all for less, just exchange £2.50 in Clubcard vouchers and you'll get £10 back to spend on admission. From there, the museum is yours to explore.
Historically, the Black Country played a massive part in the industrialisation of the nation. It was the first industrial landscape in the world, as is highlighted as such at the museum. From the landscape itself to domestic and cultural life, there are over 50 historic shops and houses, even a library to be explored.
Vehicles including a 1940s bus, old motorbikes, Tram 49, and a locally manufactured AJS Nine motorcar all add to the character aesthetic, while a selection of curious locks and safes also make up the composition.
This living museum really is an experience to behold for anyone interested in the work and living conditions of the local area. It's all brought to life with such accuracy you'll wonder where you are when you leave.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- A Great Day OutBy 08 July 2014aged 55 to 64Female
We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to the Black Country Living Museum. The trip down the Drift Mine is worth doing it was very informative, we learnt a lot about the working conditions for the young and older mine workers. The staff members of the Black Country Museum who were in period dress were very interesting to listen to and really set the scene of how people lived in those days. We had Fish and Chips for lunch from Hobbs and Sons Fish and Chip Shop they were delicious. The Canal Tunnel Trip at a small extra charge is also worth doing. We will definitely be visiting again.Date used : 05/07/2014
- Lovely day out.By Bidbod23 June 2014aged 45 to 54Female
We were a family of five adults that visited on 15th June 2014. We were on a narrowboat holiday and moored in the secure moorings at the centre. Our biggest criticism was that we couldn't enter the museum via the mooring spot as we were using the Tesco vouchers. Two of our party had to walk all the way round to the main entrance to pay for our entrance tickets. We had an elderly lady with us and if the lady in the pub hadn't been understanding and let the three ladies stay in the museum whilst the men walked round it would have made our visit difficult. There was also no information at the moorings to indicate that you could only pay by cash at the pub. The fish & chips were good if a little busy it being Father's Day. It was a shame that some of the exhibits were not working at is wasn't classed as main season. Ie the glass works, the nail forge.Date used : 15/06/2014
- Great day out with or without kidsBy zlaw06 June 2014aged 45 to 54Female
I went about 12 years ago with my sons and loved it. Visited this week again with a friend and we had a wonderful day out. Unfortunately the weather was awful which marred the event a little but still so much to see and do. Best bits were meeting the characters who were very knowledgeable about the period, building,resources,etc and also the Hardware shop.Date used : 05/06/2014
- Fab place and different to all the other days out!By Loobies29 May 2014aged 35 to 44Female
I took my 2 boys and my Mum and we had a fab day, even though it was raining all day. It's all very authentic and there is loads to see. Cobbled streets,pharmacy with bottles of potions,sweet shops that make their own sweets, the mine trip, horse and cart rides, tram,old fashioned fairground, staff all dressed in authentic clothing and very knowledgable. You can go in old houses with a person inside by a real fire with a tin bath in front of it and an outside toilet with newspaper for toilet roll!!! Really showed the kids how lucky they are now ;) We all enjoyed it very much and would highly recommend to any ageDate used : 28/05/2014
- So Much To SeeBy Wisp16 November 2013aged 55 to 64Female
1st visit in July 2013 and will be going again next year. I couldn't get all round it in a day! Tip - the ice cream seller is at the canal trip location, I only found it by seeing a payment sign down an alleyay to the canal. They should have several dotted around. A variety of food available but you can take your own. Lovely people willing to help/offer history/answer questions. I'm using Tesco Clubcard vouchers on the Days Out (6 months to expire from issue) to give as an xmas gift to friends who live there & amazingly have never been!Date used : 19/07/2013
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are not valid for special events.