Black Country Living Museum
For a giant leap back in time head to Dudley's Black Country Living Museum. It's a sprawling mass of period buildings, vehicles, and costumed actors that give the whole experience a genuine appeal.
What you get
With time periods dating from the Victorian era to the 1930s and areas round the West Midlands from Wolverhampton to Dudley itself all presented as they once were, a day at the Black Country Living Museum is one of enjoyment and insight.
To experience it all for less, just exchange £2.50 in Clubcard vouchers and you'll get £10 back to spend on admission. From there, the museum is yours to explore.
Historically, the Black Country played a massive part in the industrialisation of the nation. It was the first industrial landscape in the world, as is highlighted as such at the museum. From the landscape itself to domestic and cultural life, there are over 50 historic shops and houses, even a library to be explored.
Vehicles including a 1940s bus, old motorbikes, Tram 49, and a locally manufactured AJS Nine motorcar all add to the character aesthetic, while a selection of curious locks and safes also make up the composition.
This living museum really is an experience to behold for anyone interested in the work and living conditions of the local area. It's all brought to life with such accuracy you'll wonder where you are when you leave.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Great day outBy Green06 April 2015aged 55 to 64Female
We really enjoyed the day but we would not use tesco vouchers to gain entry, if you pay you get a years entry you can return visit as many times as you like but that does not apply if u use tesco vouchers, we would like to return as the trams were not working that day and there were no canal journeys but if we return we have to pay again.Date used : 23/03/2015
- Bad experienceBy Nmmbabu25 March 2015aged 35 to 44Male
I went to Black country museum with my family. It was not a good experience as we didn't saw any costumed actors. My children were expecting to see and feel the history as it was in those days but it was not as expected. We were very disappointed and would never visit again!!!Date used : 15/03/2015
- An undiscovered gem!By 06 January 2015
This is easily one of the best days out I've had in the past few years - go back a few centuries and experience life how it used to be. There's plenty to do from going down on foot into the mine to watching fresh bed being made at the 'local' bakery. Would definitely go again.
- An excellent day outBy 01 November 2014aged 65 or overFemale
We would thoroughly recommend a visit to this museum. The houses, shops and businesses are fascinating. Enough machinery and engineering to please the men, enough nostalgia for older folk, plenty of fun for the children with street games and fun fair, old fashioned sweets and delicious beef dripping chips! Don't miss a really well presented trip down the coal mine - but mind your head in the low tunnels. All the guides are well costumed, well informed and happy to help. We added a trip through the canal tunnels which was interesting and very well guided too, though it is not actually part of the museum itself.Date used : 26/10/2014
- a great day outBy bronson24 October 2014aged 55 to 64Female
we often visit the b.c.l.m.and, it never fails to please,,the staff and friends of the museum are always friendly,the fish n chips are unequalled anywhere cooked in the traditional beef dripping,we have now booked our tickets for the Christmas evening on dec 20th.Date used : 20/08/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are not valid for special events.