Muncaster Castle, set amongst fabulous Lake District countryside, is a still-lived-in family home owned by the Pennington family since 1208. Experience its elegant rooms and splendid works of art to make a holiday in Cumbria even better.
What you get
Discover one of the pearls of the Lake District, Muncaster Castle. Not only is it a historical masterpiece, but it's supposed to be one of the most haunted buildings in the country. Experience it all for less when you exchange Clubcard vouchers.
Simply exchange just £2.50 in vouchers and you'll receive £10 back in tokens to spend on a day at Muncaster Castle.
Although not a towering, imposing structure, the castle itself doesn't lack in appearance and impression. It's filled with a wealth of historical fancies - portraits, furniture, accessories - not to mention the odd ghost or two. Don't be surprised if you feel a sudden chill or hear a woman's distant voice as you make your way round the property.
As well as the castle itself to observe, the surrounding views of the Lake District are bite-the-back-of-your-hand beautiful. Rolling mountains and shimmering lakes stretch out before you from the grounds at Muncaster, making for some of the best photo opportunities you might ever have.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- tickets cant be used for ghost tourBy pr5610 October 2014aged 55 to 64Male
A word of warning. The clubcard tickets cannot be used for the ghost tours. Site is slightly misleading when it implies ....even a ghost or two....Date used : 10/10/2014
- Gem of a placeBy SG4616 September 2014aged 45 to 54Female
Muncaster Castle is a great place in a great location. Extensive grounds to stroll around, a large and varied collection of owls and a beautiful house with a truly fascinating history. The audio guide alone made the visit worthwhile.Date used : 31/08/2014
- Great day outBy Wizzymum26 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Beautiful place to visit. Recommend trying to time your visit with a performance by Abi Collins the 2014 Fool of Muncaster, probably the funniest commedienne I've ever seen. Great cafe, lovely food at sensible prices. Owls were beautiful and appeared well looked after. Maze a bit of a disappointment - don't bother with this unless your children are under 5.Date used : 20/08/2014
- good day out...butBy DBBfamilyfun25 August 2014aged 45 to 54Female
This could be a great day out with plenty to do for all the family. HOWEVER, the house itself is musty inside and if you suffer from asthma or allergies be careful. We had to leave the house before really wanted to because of this issue - some of us are still suffering one day later..... such a shame. We often go round historic houses/ National Trust properties and this is the first time we have had such a noticeable problem.Date used : 24/08/2014
- kids loved it!By thebigweehag15 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Excellent facilities, well laid out with easy-to-follow map, lots of space for kids to run around (nice play area also). A beautiful place to visit with or without children. Owls were fab! No hesitation in recommending this place. We didn't go inside the castle but then it only cost me £5 in clubcard vouchers :) bargain! Rained when we went but if dressed properly (with wellies on the kids) who cares?! Would love to go back again for halloween events, check out the website, very informative including stuff you didn't know you needed to know (sometimes castle is closed for weddings etc) and saves any disappointment.Date used : 14/08/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are valid for full price entry only. Tokens are not valid for Special Events.