Muncaster Castle, set amongst fabulous Lake District countryside, is a still-lived-in family home owned by the Pennington family since 1208. Experience its elegant rooms and splendid works of art to make a holiday in Cumbria even better.
What you get
Discover one of the pearls of the Lake District, Muncaster Castle. Not only is it a historical masterpiece, but it's supposed to be one of the most haunted buildings in the country. Experience it all for less when you exchange Clubcard vouchers.
Simply exchange just £2.50 in vouchers and you'll receive £10 back in tokens to spend on a day at Muncaster Castle.
Although not a towering, imposing structure, the castle itself doesn't lack in appearance and impression. It's filled with a wealth of historical fancies - portraits, furniture, accessories - not to mention the odd ghost or two. Don't be surprised if you feel a sudden chill or hear a woman's distant voice as you make your way round the property.
As well as the castle itself to observe, the surrounding views of the Lake District are bite-the-back-of-your-hand beautiful. Rolling mountains and shimmering lakes stretch out before you from the grounds at Muncaster, making for some of the best photo opportunities you might ever have.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- kids loved it!By thebigweehag15 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Excellent facilities, well laid out with easy-to-follow map, lots of space for kids to run around (nice play area also). A beautiful place to visit with or without children. Owls were fab! No hesitation in recommending this place. We didn't go inside the castle but then it only cost me £5 in clubcard vouchers :) bargain! Rained when we went but if dressed properly (with wellies on the kids) who cares?! Would love to go back again for halloween events, check out the website, very informative including stuff you didn't know you needed to know (sometimes castle is closed for weddings etc) and saves any disappointment.Date used : 14/08/2014
- great day outBy kd59207 August 2014aged 55 to 64Female
Gardens to explore, plants and flowers looked lovely and great for photos. Loved the owls! We saw the cutest baby spectacled owl. I took a visit to the castle - fascinating history. Remember you're in the Lake district and that means it might rain, if you go prepared it won't spoil your fun.Date used : 01/08/2014
- Wonderful PlaceBy Jules55524 September 2013aged 35 to 44Female
We went a couple of years ago, wonderful place & the family that own the place are very down to earth, found myself chatting to one of the grandchildren, feeding the herons was incredible, not to be missedDate used : 20/07/2011
- Fantastic views!By Tescofan02 May 2013aged 55 to 64Female
Muncaster Castle and grounds is a wonderful day out. In May the rhododendrons and blue bells are a beautiful sight. The views across Eskdale are absolutely fantastic. But best of all is the owl sanctuary where they are doing a great job looking after the owls and there is a great display every day. A good play area for young children and cafe with good food. Well worth a visit.Date used : 01/05/2013
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are valid for full price entry only. Tokens are not valid for Special Events.