Muncaster Castle, set amongst fabulous Lake District countryside, is a still-lived-in family home owned by the Pennington family since 1208. Experience its elegant rooms and splendid works of art to make a holiday in Cumbria even better.
What you get
Discover one of the pearls of the Lake District, Muncaster Castle. Not only is it a historical masterpiece, but it's supposed to be one of the most haunted buildings in the country. Experience it all for less when you exchange Clubcard vouchers.
Simply exchange just £2.50 in vouchers and you'll receive £10 back in tokens to spend on a day at Muncaster Castle.
Although not a towering, imposing structure, the castle itself doesn't lack in appearance and impression. It's filled with a wealth of historical fancies - portraits, furniture, accessories - not to mention the odd ghost or two. Don't be surprised if you feel a sudden chill or hear a woman's distant voice as you make your way round the property.
As well as the castle itself to observe, the surrounding views of the Lake District are bite-the-back-of-your-hand beautiful. Rolling mountains and shimmering lakes stretch out before you from the grounds at Muncaster, making for some of the best photo opportunities you might ever have.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Lovely day out - BUT - check before you goBy Red120306 June 2015aged 45 to 54Female
We attempted to visit the castle on Spring Bank Holiday Monday during the May Festival Week. Before ordering the vouchers I checked that they would be valid during that week and there was nothing to say to the contrary. However, upon arrival we were advised they we could not use them on that day, but that we could use them any other day. We therefore, along with several other families went off to find something else to do. We were able to go back another day and queried our previous attempt. The staff had no explanation as to why this rule is in place. We did have a lovely day but it was a shame it took two visits to enjoy it.Date used : 26/05/2015
- Cautionary note - Bank HolidayBy Mallo19 May 2015aged 45 to 54Male
I got these purely to use at the castle as we were in the area over the Bank Holiday weekend. When we tried to redeem them they would not accept them as they said that they were not valid during ‘Special Events’ – Sausage fair? As we were in a long queue I did not want to make a fuss and so paid the full price which defeated the objective of getting the tickets in the first place! I did contact Muncaster direct when we got home to fully explain their policy and they stated that it is within their terms and conditions, so just be aware as it’s not clear and you have to scrutinise the T&C to find this.Date used : 04/05/2015
- tickets cant be used for ghost tourBy pr5610 October 2014aged 55 to 64Male
A word of warning. The clubcard tickets cannot be used for the ghost tours. Site is slightly misleading when it implies ....even a ghost or two....Date used : 10/10/2014
- Gem of a placeBy SG4616 September 2014aged 45 to 54Female
Muncaster Castle is a great place in a great location. Extensive grounds to stroll around, a large and varied collection of owls and a beautiful house with a truly fascinating history. The audio guide alone made the visit worthwhile.Date used : 31/08/2014
- Great day outBy Wizzymum26 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Beautiful place to visit. Recommend trying to time your visit with a performance by Abi Collins the 2014 Fool of Muncaster, probably the funniest commedienne I've ever seen. Great cafe, lovely food at sensible prices. Owls were beautiful and appeared well looked after. Maze a bit of a disappointment - don't bother with this unless your children are under 5.Date used : 20/08/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are valid for full price entry only. Tokens are not valid for Special Events.