Barceló International Hotels
Get away from it all with a stay in a Barcelo Hotel. With an abundance of differing styles and locations, choosing where to stay is the hardest part about it.
What you get
While you're highly likely to find something that tickles your fancy at Barceló Hotels, you can use Tesco Clubcard vouchers to make booking it a little easier. Just exchange £10 in Clubcard vouchers and you'll get £30 Barceló Hotels token codes to put towards that next romantic, family-driven, or city break holiday.
Each select European Barceló Hotel oozes luxury and class, making them ideal for romantic breaks. But Barceló hotels steer towards so many tastes, whether golf is up your street, a relaxing spa, exotic beachfronts, city breaks, or hotels aimed exclusively at families or adults only.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll send you two emails within 30 minutes – please note this may take longer due to additional security checks. One will be your order confirmation. The other will contain your token codes and instructions on how to use them.
3. Simply follow the instructions in your email to use your token codes.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Barceló international,
additional information about Barceló international (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- BarceloBy Weegirl08 April 2015aged 45 to 54Female
Before order the voucher, check with barcelo hotel for rates and availability, staff named Loreto is helpful and polite. When code arrived ring back to made reservation, a different member of staff came to the phone and drop the bombshell telling me that Tesco vouchers is not valid for that period at all. So I request to speak to Loreto again, straight forward ,not mess about made booking confirmed and paid for, look forward for our stay. Note ;-may be Barcelo reservation staff need to have a clear guidelines on Tesco booking procedures .Location/Branch : Prague
- Don't forget it is FREEBy Clubcardfan117 March 2015aged 45 to 54Female
Very easy booking process for March. First week requested was unavailable, but second choice a week later was so we opted for that. Barcelo representative made everything very easy so that I could quickly exchange our points into vouchers and could e-mail everything he needed. We previously did this 2 years ago and the process was just as easy then. We then booked our flights. As mentioned by others using clubcard points, you do not get the "special offers" etc but we always try to remember that we are NOT PAYING, we have accumulated our points just be doing our everyday shopping and are glad for something FREE. We had a lovely relaxing week, all inclusive (we ate out a few nights but that was our choice) and had glorious weather - what could be better.Date used : 07/03/2015
- Barcelo Jandia Mar FuerteventuraBy 01 Febuary 2015aged 45 to 54Female
Booking this holiday was easy and subsequent emails to the hotel were answered quickly. We were a little taken aback on arrival to hear to be told that 900 Euros was owing but that was quickly resolved. We managed to upgrade our booking to have a sea view with the points. Jandia Mar is situated at Morre Jable at the end of the main road running north to south of Fuerteventura. It is an hour with a good drive from the airport, roads are good with some dual carriageway. The hotel is easy to find on the edge of Morre Jable as you drive in. The hotel is at the top of a very steep hill, the Barcelo sister hotel, Jandia Playa, is between Jandia Mar and the beach that runs all along the resort. Apart from a stunning large sandy beach with a few snack bars and a lighthouse standing prominently we found little of interest in Morre Jable. There are however shops and restaurants of various quality but these are a long walk from the hotel. We stayed at Jandia Mar in January booking an all inclusive week. Our room was at the end of a block and we could see the sea and lighthouse when standing on the balcony. Being south facing we had some sun all day. There are a large no of steps depending on the room allocated. There are some lifts and it is possible to limit the no of steps (particularly with suitcases) but the unfit should be prepared. The room itself was fine, bed was large and comfortable, large TV on the wall had channels in multiple languages. There was also a good size fridge. No tea / coffee making facilities but for 20€ returnable deposit we obtained a kettle from reception. The rooms were serviced daily by friendly helpful staff although by the end of the week floors needed a good clean and bath towels were not changed at all, hand towels were regularly changed. Problems with our key card reader were quickly responded to and resolved, particularly when we were locked out! There is one restaurant and a snack bar which between them serves food all day and one restaurant that can be booked once as part of all inclusive, in January this was not open every day. The food and service in that restaurant was excellent and after 5 days of self service we were glad of it. There was a wide range of food on offer in the main restaurant, our complaint would be it was not always hot. I guess any hotel that size would struggle not to have a feeling of being in a cattle market in the self service restaurant. Again staff were helpful and friendly, clean up service was very fast. There is an entertainment team and there are various activities during the day and evenings with some acts performing in an auditorium or in the hotel bar. This is in the high ceiling atrium main entrance to the hotel which was extremely drafty and actually quite cold on some evenings when we were there. We had hired a car from the airport (glad of it to avoid the killer hill to the hotel!!) but parked on the road as the hotel charged for parking. This seemed crazy as the car park barriers seemed to always be open and car parks almost empty. We had no problems finding a space on the road. Internet was free and available all over the hotel albeit a bit complicated to get in but once connected there were no problems with connecting multiple devices. Overall this Barceló did not disappoint and we had a relaxing holiday. We are unlikely to return as we prefer the north of Fuerteventura and would head back there rather than the south.Date used : 01/02/2015
- Do not rely on your booking being honouredBy Dandelion06 January 2015aged 55 to 64Female
Did everything by the book, read the rules, phoned Barcelo, got confirmation of availability. Exchanged vouchers. Phoned Barcelo to confirm...oops no availabilty..only accept Tesco over the weekend. I did mention that I had just spoken to them about 2 hours ago and all was available and price given, and car parking available, for the customer service 'gentleman' to actually laugh at me. I would suggest no-one should rely on a booking being honoured whether confirmed or not. They do not take a deposit, so one presumes that if they are having a good day they feel free to bump Tesco customers.Date used : 06/01/2015
- Choose where to stay then phone for disappointmentBy VeryDisillusioned05 January 2015aged 55 to 64Female
Just telephoned for a price for a stay in September at a Majorca Hotel and was told none of the Balearic Island Hotels accept Tesco points in Summer (earliest date is October). Then inquired about Prague Old Town and was told this hotel doesn't accept Tesco Rewards at all - why is it on the list?Date used : 05/01/2015
Add to basket
• Please call the reservations team on 00800 4227 2356 to check availability and price before purchasing your token code.
• Room availability is limited and prices may vary depending on time of booking.
• Token codes can be used against new bookings only.
• You must book at least 14 days prior to your intended stay.
• A token code is only valid for stays at the Barceló International hotels listed, see additional information.
Terms & Conditions
• No minimum/maximum stay. Any additional extras, including children’s meals, will be payable at the hotel by cash, credit or debit card. Quote the specific rate when booking. Certain dates may be excluded.
• Excluded hotels: Barceló Isla Canela, Barceló Fuerteventura, Barceló Santiago, Barceló Hamilton
• Token codes are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights