Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
Hop aboard one of the oldest and longest narrow gauge railways in the world. Depart from the only coastal town in the Lake District, Ravenglass. Experience a stunning 7 mile, steam-powered journey.
What you get
Taking a trip on the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway is spot on for a day out in the Lakes. The whole family will love the achingly beautiful views and the thrill of being aboard such a unique machine. Experience the whole thing for less by exchanging a few pounds in Clubcard vouchers.
All it takes is £2.50 in vouchers and you'll get £10 back in tokens for the trip.
You'll see plenty on the 7 mile steam journey thanks to several request stops along the way. Beginning with the gorgeous Muncaster Mill, you'll rumble onto Miteside Halt where abundant views of the Scarfell range can be enjoyed.
By now your camera will be red hot from so many photos snapped but it's time to hold on tight as the train climbs its steepest section of track, a 1:55 gradient along an area known as Hollinghow Bank. Then it's onto Beckfoot where you'll see a 250ft quarry, and it's here where your wonderful journey comes to an all-too-unfortunate end.
The trip as a whole is fantastic, and couldn't be surrounded by more outstanding scenery. Combining it altogether makes for an incredibly memorable day out for the family.Tokens may be used against standard admission ( see terms below), but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
Please note tokens are valid against full line return journeys Monday – Friday only, excludes family tickets, single journeys, intermediate return journeys, special events, weekend services and bank holiday weekends.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- really good tripBy glad2boutandabout08 July 2015aged 45 to 54Female
Great way to see the scenery as you travel through various types of scenery from mountain, to wooded to farm meadows to the estuary, especially good for someone with limited mobility, no one has to drive once your there! Staff very helpful, as many trips as you wish, a good way to help keep our heritage alive,Date used : 28/06/2015
- brilliantBy happydays107 July 2015aged 45 to 54Female
Had a lovely day, went in the morning to the end of the line, had lunch in the station cafe, which was very good. Had a walk around the village and returned on the later train. No problems using the vouchers, staff very helpful and friendly, as i say a lovely day out!Date used : 30/06/2015
- Great little railway and fun day out for familyBy roscoe07 July 2015aged 45 to 54Male
Been twice now with Club card vouchers and it is great. A little out the way but well worth the effort. Been when pouring and sunny and really enjoyed it. Great pubs along line and nice people. Went with wife and 3 young kids and they all loved it. Good swing park at end. Take a picnic too. Recommended!Date used : 03/07/2015
- Great day out!By tourist02 March 2015aged 35 to 44Female
Easy to use the vouchers and this is a great day out especially if the weather is nice. Very tasty and good value food at the cafe at the other end. Very children friendly.
- Over-ratedBy tallboyrip24 September 2014aged 65 or overMale
This railway is not for tall people - very low carriages with cramped seats and equaly cramped seats on the open carriages. The trip is supposed to be one of Wairnwright's favourites. Whilst it was quite attractive, it certainly didn't warrant a 'top slot' rating. We stayed in Keswick; the trip to see the Ravensglass railway isn't worth the fuel / time / expense unless you are a 'Railway Buff'.Date used : 20/09/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Vouchers can be used to purchase individual adult, senior, child and disabled tickets only. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or to purchase family tickets. They can also not be used to purchase souvenir brochures or items from our gift shop.
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are valid against full line return journeys only. Excludes Family Tickets, Single Journeys, Intermediate return journeys and special events.
• Tokens are valid for travel Monday to Friday only, not weekend services or bank holiday weekends.