Grab a Senior Railcard and save a fortune on your rail travel. Ideal for frequent senior rail users in Britain.
What you get
Millions of us use Britain's rail system every day, and more of us are trying to save that little bit extra. With a Senior Railcard, you can save a third on most rail fares in Britain. For trips to the airport for those long-awaited holidays, cross-country treks to visit relatives, or whatever the reason, saving money is never a bad thing.
That's why we're here to help you on your way. You can pick up a Senior Railcard at a discount price by using your Tesco Clubcard. We'll give you a year's valid Senior Railcard when you exchange £15 in Clubcard vouchers.
How it works
1. Simply select the amount of Clubcard vouchers you want to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over will go back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll send two emails to your Tesco.com email address. One will confirm your order. Another will contain your token codes and details on how to use them.
Visit their website at www.senior-railcard.co.uk.
- Great SavingBy Chrissie15 May 2013aged 55 to 64Female
What a brilliant purchase. I not only got my Senior Railcard at half price through Tesco Clubcard but also saved 33% on my rail tickets. A return journey to London from our home in Devon, first class, was less than £70! I saved the cost of the railcard and more on my first journey. I'm just about to get another for my husband!Date used : 12/03/2013
- FrustrationBy Curry15 May 2013aged 65 or overFemale
I received a message that my senior railcard expires soon & that I should renew it before the price increase on the 19th May. When I tried to buy a card with my my Tesco vouchers on 15th May the price had already been increased & I'm £1 short. Very frustrating. .Date used : 15/05/2013
- 30% off all train journeysBy Swanseabay14 May 2013aged 65 or overFemale
Difficult to know what to say about this: if you use trains a lot, it's absolutely a no-brainer to get yourself a Railcard if you qualify (and most of us do). It's just a bit too expensive for the very light user to benefit. Occasional users, well, it depends how much a year you'll spend but it soon becomes profitable. The Tesco vouchers deal helps a lot (but is not quite as generous as it used to be: they seem to have anticipated the May 19th price rise!). That's about it, really.Date used : 14/05/2013
Add to basket
The fine print
• To qualify for a Senior Railcard you must be 60 years or over with a valid Passport or Drivers Licence.
Terms & Conditions
• For Railcard's full terms and conditions please visit www.railcard.co.uk (you will need to copy and paste this URL)
• Token codes are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for token codes, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Token codes are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed token codes issued after 13th August 2012 cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights