1 year: Family & Friends Railcard
Grab a Family & Friends Railcard and save on your loved ones' rail travel. Ideal for train rides with the kids in tow.
What you get
Taking the family out for the day can be pricey enough as it is. Why make it even more so by paying full travel fares across the board? With a Family & Friends Railcard, you needn't give it a second thought. This card allows you to save a third on your travel and 60% off your kids’ travel, so long as you're travelling with kids aged between 5 and 15 years.
For frequent rail users who can't leave the kids at home, a Family & Friends Railcard could be just what you need. And we're here to help you pick one up more cheaply. Simply exchange £15 in Clubcard vouchers and you'll get a year's Friends and Family Railcard in return. Think of it as our way of helping you on your journey.
How it works
1. Select the quantity of token codes you want to receive using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll send you two emails within 30 minutes. One will confirm your order. The other will contain your token codes and details on how to use them.
3. Follow instructions in the email to redeem your token codes.
Visit their website at www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk.
- You'd be Mad not toBy WinterisComing03 November 2013aged 35 to 44Female
I have used my clubcard to renew my family and friends railcard for the last two years now and for the cost - just one journey could pay for the cost of using your voucher. These cost £30 to buy and are a total bargain even if you only travel on one big journey a year. The process is simple and can be completed online within 15 minutes usually. You purchase 1 voucher - select the clubcard vouchers you want to use (it will refund you if you haven't got exactly the right amount) - then send you a code to use on the railcard site. It is a 100% discount - so no card details are required. Fabulous foolproof offer. Railcard also comes in a few days- freepost 1st class - so v quick - you can also track it online.Date used : 04/11/2013
- excellent value!By meeted17 September 2013aged 35 to 44Female
I purchased this in November 2012 and have made really good use since then. I've travelled with my 3 children to Manchester to watch The Lion King show , took them for a day trip to London and have just booked a day trip to Blackpool. Along with other deals via Clubcard, it has made for some excellent value trips! Due for renewal soon and can't wait to book next year's journeys :)
- RailcardBy tezz15 August 2013aged 45 to 54Male
Would be good if they did same offer for disabled.
- Very Good DealBy Mumsy23 June 2013aged 45 to 54Female
I used the railcard to take my family to Norfolk over the half-term break and this was cheaper than driving. The journey was very relaxing and when I booked my rail tickets online I was also able to include the bus travel from the station to our final destination. The whole process from ordering my railcard on the Tesco website to its arrival at home was very efficient. We have more journeys planned throughout the year! Highly recommended.Date used : 27/06/2013
- Allow a few days!!!By ABCDE20 June 2013aged 35 to 44Female
Great Offer but make sure you allow a few days before you want to travel as you are unable to use the voucher at a ticket office to purchase a railcard. Unfortunately, this wasn't explained on the website. Having said that the online transaction was easy enough the railcard was with us in 2 days. Looking forward to using it now!
Add to basket
The fine print
• You must travel with at least 1 child aged 5-15yrs when using your Family and Friends railcard.
• To qualify for a Family & Friends Railcard, your group must contain at least one named Railcard holder and at least one child aged between 5 and 15 years. The maximum group size is up to four adults (aged 16 years and over) including the named cardholder(s), and four children (aged 5-15 years).
Terms & Conditions
• Children under five travel free and each adult may take up to two “under fives” with them. If the only child in the Family & Friends Railcard group is aged less than five years of age, the Railcard holder must purchase a discounted ticket for that child in order for the accompanying adult(s) to qualify for the discount on their tickets.
• For Railcard's full terms and conditions please visit www.railcard.co.uk (you will need to copy and paste this URL)
• Token codes are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for token codes, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Token codes are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed token codes cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights