1 year: Family & Friends Railcard
- Visit their website
Grab a Family & Friends Railcard and save on your loved ones' rail travel. Ideal for train rides with the kids in tow.
What you get
Taking the family out for the day can be pricey enough as it is. Why make it even more so by paying full travel fares across the board? With a Family & Friends Railcard, you needn't give it a second thought. This card allows you to save a third on your travel and 60% off your kids’ travel, so long as you're travelling with kids aged between 5 and 15 years.
For frequent rail users who can't leave the kids at home, a Family & Friends Railcard could be just what you need. And we're here to help you pick one up more cheaply. Simply exchange £15 in Clubcard vouchers and you'll get a year's Friends and Family Railcard in return. Think of it as our way of helping you on your journey.
How to place your order
1. Select the quantity of token codes you’d like using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll aim to send you two emails within 30 minutes – please note this may take longer due to additional security checks. One will be your order confirmation. The other will contain your token codes and instructions on how to use them.
3. Simply follow the instructions in your email to use your token codes.
- Excellent ValueBy LouiseT02 November 2015aged 35 to 44Female
This is a brilliant deal - 7 of us went to London (4 adults & 3 children) Halifax to London return for £112! - booking 12 weeks ahead and even just taking my daughter to hospital appointments in Leeds saves me every time. Well worth it.Date used : 26/10/2015
- Makes train travel affordableBy Andi6401 September 2015aged 45 to 54Female
Buy this every year and it usually pays for itself on the first journey. One of my children is now 17 and no longer classed as a child. He and his younger brother are at the stage where they want to travel to things without me, so this year I put the eldest down as one of the named adults to claim the discount with his brother, who is still the "child" on the card. This worked out cheaper than buying a discount fare for the 17 yr old on his 16-25 student railcard and a full child fare.Date used : 28/08/2015
- Knitting NancyBy KnittingNancy17 August 2015aged 65 or overFemale
Excellent value for money or Tesco clubcard purchase..Sent one to my daughter and saved her a fortune in railfares for her holiday to Scotland. Thank you both xDate used : 14/07/2015
- ExcellentBy samanthani27 July 2015aged 45 to 54Female
Bought F&F Railcard with Clubcard points to use on occasional trips to GB (I live in Northern Ireland). The card easily paid for itself (even withough using Clubcard points). Recommended if you are only making a few journeys within GB. I think it can also be used to get other discounts, but have not tried this.Date used : 24/04/2015
- Quick & Easy to get(via post) Can pay for itself.By Train123 July 2015aged 45 to 54Female
These railcards are really easy to apply for. They arrived in the post in a few days. Shame they can't be done online when it's a last minute decision to travel - so get organised! Even at full price these cards can pay for themselves in one trip.
Add to basket
• You must travel with at least 1 child aged 5-15yrs when using your Family and Friends railcard.
• To qualify for a Family & Friends Railcard, your group must contain at least one named Railcard holder and at least one child aged between 5 and 15 years. The maximum group size is up to four adults (aged 16 years and over) including the named cardholder(s), and four children (aged 5-15 years).
• You must exchange your token code on the Railcard website. You cannot exchange your token code at any train station ticket office.
Terms & Conditions
• Children under five travel free and each adult may take up to two “under fives” with them. If the only child in the Family & Friends Railcard group is aged less than five years of age, the Railcard holder must purchase a discounted ticket for that child in order for the accompanying adult(s) to qualify for the discount on their tickets.
• For Railcard's full terms and conditions please visit www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/using-your-card/railcard-terms-conditions/ (you will need to copy and paste this URL)
• Token codes are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for token codes, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Token codes are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed token codes cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights