CairnGorm Mountain Railway
CairnGorm Mountain is home to Scotland's only funicular railway. From here you can enjoy stunning views, marvel at the mountain weather as well as relax and enjoy a meal or drink.
What you get
CairnGorm Mountain is home to Scotland's only funicular railway. It is a unique experience which takes visitors up to the *Ptarmigan Restaurant and viewing terrace in around 8 minutes. From here you can enjoy stunning views, marvel at the mountain weather as well as relax and enjoy a meal or drink at the *Ptarmigan Restaurant, the UK’s highest eatery, and purchase gifts and souvenirs from the Shop at the Top.
During summer months there are guided walks that can be taken in conjunction with a train ticket which take visitors to the summit of Cairn Gorm, Britain’s 6th highest mountain.
For more information on opening times, admission prices and locations, please check their website. Please note, token codes are valid for all Funicular tickets, including adult, junior, senior, student and family tickets - and for the Down train only tickets.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- The FunucularBy Beejaygee10 September 2014aged 65 or overFemale
Our second journey on the funicular, this time in glorious weather, views were spectacular and we could see Ben Nevis quite clearly. For ecological and safety reasons you are not able to wander about outside at the Ptarmigan but as in the past we have walked up Cairngorm a couple of times this wasn't a problem. The panoramic windows make a lovely place to have a hot chocolate with or without a dram. Using Tesco vouchers made it a special morning too.Date used : 27/08/2014
- Great day outBy Potato05 September 2014aged 65 or overFemale
Been on Cairngorm Funicular Railway three times before and enjoyed it, but this time was marvellous. We went up on the train to the Ptarmigan, had lunch and then met our Guide who took us out on to the mountain and took us to Cairngorm summit. The views were glorious, the sun was shining and the guide was very informative. He made the walk very enjoyable. When we finished the walk we went back to the café and had hot chocolate. The best ever day out. Will do it again.Date used : 27/08/2014
- grate trip to mountain topBy sagar05 September 2014aged 25 to 34Male
its a good value for money. but train trip is only 8 munite to go up and 8 munites to come back. still is okDate used : 26/08/2014
- Fantastic opportunityBy Joelka28 August 2014aged 55 to 64Female
The voucher came very quickly and we planned our day out. Getting to the base station by public transport was very easy and we saw reindeer on the roadside. The voucher was accepted by a very friendly receptionist. We had lunch at the top and looked out towards Aviemore. It was 0.5 degrees outside. Then down to the base station to have a Chocolate Mountain. We had a bit of a wait for the bus back to Aviemore and it was raining heavily, almost like sleet, but there was a place to shelter at the bus stop. A vey lovely day, thanks to Tesco!Date used : 22/08/2014
- Worth the visitBy Gilly66526 August 2014aged 55 to 64Female
Very easy to obtain the vouchers and we enjoyed the railway. It is an excellent opportunity to go on a day out that we normally wouldn't be able to afford. The rail fare is £10.50 per adult, so one voucher leaves just 50p to pay on arrival.Date used : 15/08/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are valid for all Funicular tickets including adult, junior, senior, student, family tickets (1 adult with 2 children or 2 adults with 2 children). And for the Down train only tickets. Tokens are not valid on snow sports, Northern Corries Walks, Friends Annual passes, or Walk @ the Top tickets.*Tokens cannot be used in Ptarmigan Restaurant