Chiltern Open Air Museum
Take the kids on a time-travelling adventure at the Chiltern Open Air Museum in Buckinghamshire. Set among 43 acres of rolling countryside are several historical buildings and farmyard where children can run free and explore.
What you get
Kids into fancy dress, adults after some genuine examples of British working and domestic history, families looking for a great day out, come to the Chiltern Open Air Museum for less with Clubcard vouchers.
For every £2.50 in vouchers you exchange, you'll get £10 back in tokens to spend here.
From a traditional Thame Vicarage to Garston Forge these are just a couple of examples of the different sorts of historic establishments you can enter at the museum. In the forge you'll see a blacksmith hard at work while, by huddling in the old Iron Age House, you can crowd round an indoor fireplace.
Hear the voice of a 6 year old girl in the 18th Century cottage as she tells what it was like to be a straw plaiter. Or visit the Chilterns Farmyard, a work Victorian example, where kids can get hands on and observe wonderful demos of how to maintain farm machinery and conduct traditional farming techniques.
The Chiltern Open Air Museum is truly a hive of accurate historic life and, by being able to experience it in traditional buildings, the whole thing is brought to life in the most believable way possible.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- great day outBy kidney12 June 2014aged 55 to 64Female
We had a lovely day out as an extended family, enjoyed a picnic and the playground as well as the walk around the buildings.Date used : 29/05/2014
- Wonderful Sunny Day outBy aVisitor13 May 2013aged 35 to 44Female
Choose a dry day for a trip to this wonderful open air museum. A series of reconstructed genuine historical buildings are set in several acres of countryside. It is a great place to take a picnic and if you use Clubcard vouchers it makes a cheap family day out. Children can learn about history - you can borrow kids activity packs. There are spaces for them to run around without disturbing other visitors. It is quite spread out and some of the paths are rough so there is a good bit of walking. It would also make a good day out for adults who are interested in history and old buildings.Date used : 01/08/2012
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.