Experience the watery world of Lakes Aquarium for a great day out with the family visiting Cumbria.
What you get
Right on the shores of Lake Windermere, Lakes Aquarium has been attracting families and kids for years. You can observe so much marine life from all over the world here, and do it for less with Clubcard vouchers.
Simply exchange £2.50 in vouchers and you'll get £10 back in tokens to put towards the day. From there you'll discover aquatic life from the Americas to Asia and everywhere in between.
Lakes Aquarium is a great learning tool for kids and adults alike. There are loads of different sections to be explored, beginning with a fitting journey below Lake Windermere before moving onto the Leven Estuary and the Seahorse Discovery Zone.
As you move through the aquarium you'll pass the Carp Tank and learn all about the water cycle. Walk Over Lake Bridge and see magnificent diving ducks as they prepare to submerge, and meet the house mascot, Oscar the Otter, who's devised an exciting trail for kids to follow.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Value for MoneyBy BanburyGrandma12 November 2014aged 55 to 64Female
I used Tesco Vouchers to take my family of 12 (children and grandchildren) to the Aquarium following the boat trip from Bowness. The Grandchildren loved the Aquarium and the Halloween activities. Referring to a previous post, we had no trouble exchanging the vouchers for family tickets. However the man on reception was a bit abrupt and could have been more friendly and welcoming.Date used : 29/10/2014
- Good aquariumBy J8eas28 August 2014aged 35 to 44
We used £20 of club card vouchers to gain entry but beware we tried to purchases family ticket and were told by staff that the club add vouchers could only be used to buy individual tickets to two adult tickets and two child tickets. We were told it stipulated this on site but when I checked I don't see anything obvious. The aquarium is a pleasant experience and both children enjoyed getting up close to the fish and learning all about them. It was busy when we visited and quickly became crowded but would visit again.Date used : 16/08/2014
- Very enjoyable visitBy JayL26 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Didn't really have very high expectations of this small aquarium but we all really enjoyed it. It is packed with different creatures and information at every corner. There are plenty of feeding times and talks so you can come and go all day if you want to. There is a quiz for younger children and some interactive displays that ours liked doing. The gift shop had a very reasonably priced selection so the kids didn't spend loads and were happy. A very good visit had by all and a good place to avoid the rain!Date used : 22/08/2014
- enjoyable afternoonBy Milliemoo06 August 2014aged 55 to 64Female
We took the boat from Bowness to the aquarium and railway. You can get a ticket to include all three if paying by cash but only the aquarium takes tesco vouchers so we bought boat and train tickets and got £10 off the entrance for the aquarium which we thoroughly enjoyed, lots of variety and interest for both adults and children. Once you have your tickets you can go out to get food etc and go back in which is very handy when you have children with you. The boat trip was lovely, helped by glorious weather. The train however was a great disappointment. The train is grubby and the trip just boring. Considering the number of tourists both British and foreign which this railways draws I think all are short changed.Date used : 06/08/2014
- LOVELY EXPERIENCEBy Angelapatricia09 June 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Arrived 11am , managed to get a parking space right outside..that always helps lol, straight in , no queue's even though it school holidays , nice variety of animals and things to do , ticket last all day , so popped back in to see a feeding session, like all aquariums only take about an hour to go round , then the gift shop , loads of cheap gifts so that was the family sorted lol. train station, café and boat rides , Windermere in same car park so did all 4 things , full day out . Vouchers were an excellent way to save moneyDate used : 27/05/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are not valid on family tickets.