Get your history fix with a stroll around a replica of the Golden Hinde, the ship Sir Francis Drake used to become the first man to circumnavigate the globe during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I.
What you get
Kids and adults will love the full-to-bursting programme of events happening at the Golden Hinde, and it can all be experienced for less when you use Clubcard vouchers.
For every £2.50 in vouchers you exchange, you'll get £10 back to put towards the most fun and entertaining history lesson you'll probably ever have. With live actors and tours either led or self-guided, you'll learn so much about the magnificent ship that opened up so much for British sea trading during the late 14th Century.
Although the actual Golden Hinde fell into disrepair in the mid-1600s, and the only remaining pieces of it being preserved in Oxford and London, this wonderful attraction devoted to Sir Francis Drake, the man who steered her around the world, will enthral and engage all those with the right passion.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Poor booking serviceBy christoffff04 March 2015aged 25 to 34Male
Having read the previous positive reviews regarding ease of booking I decided to call to see if we could book an experience in the next few days. However I was left very disappointed by the lady I spoke to who would firstly not confirm that Clubcard vouchers were even accepted, and then stated that we could not book in advance due to potential no-shows. This she said, was due to them not wanting them to book up slots with Tesco clubcard customers who might not turn up in favour of paying customers. Very disappointed with this response and will be looking elsewhere to use our vouchers.Date used : 04/03/2015
- Very interesting visitBy Tescoed03 March 2015aged 55 to 64Male
As usual exchanging the tokens was easy and quick and no problems using them to pay towards the cost of entry for a self guided tour. The ship was very interesting and we had plenty of time and peace to spend as much or as little time in each area as we wanted as there was a guided tour going on at the same time, mainly aimed at children I think, that meant we had the rest of the space to ourselves. Not very large, in all directions, but gives a very good idea of how difficult life was on board. How did they do it?Date used : 28/02/2015
- fantasticBy Dorota19 Febuary 2015aged 35 to 44Female
We exchanged the vouchers on line. The coupons were emailed to us within 30 min. The booking process was straightforward. More importantly the attraction is great. The tour was funny, educational. Everybody had fun. Thank you Tesco.Date used : 19/02/2015
- Great funBy Jakethepeg30 October 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Took our 6 & 8 yr old. Worth doing a guided tour as the actor was great fun, very knowledgable and ver interactive for the kids. Would def recommend and Borough Market the area around the ship is really nice for food and a wander aroundDate used : 28/10/2014
- A fun yet informative two hours - thank you!By Rahderah28 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
I don't normally do reviews, however I was so impressed with the visit from start to finish I thought I really must write. When sorting some paperwork out on Tuesday, I found my Tesco vouchers. Realising they expired on Saturday (!), I phoned immediately and managed to book onto the Tudor Battle Tour at 11am for today. All I needed to do was give my name and email address. So easy and very pleasant! :-) We arrived ten minutes before hand to collect our tickets and then waited to go on board. We were greeted by two colourful characters, who entertained us through storytelling and re-enactments. Telling us about life on the open sea. I thought it was very similar to the Horrible Histories, where it's all blood, gore and toilet humour. My children (girl aged 10 and boy aged 12) really enjoyed it but were on the verge of being 'too cool' to volunteer. I wasn't quite sure how they took it, however on leaving they both gave it 8 out of 10. I would give them 10 out of 10. I think it would be a perfect school trip. In addition, it is located right on the river, so we took a picnic and walked back via the thames path to Waterloo. We popped into the Tate Modern to view one floor's displays and then watched the street entertainers by the Festival Hall. A cracking day out!
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.