Macdonald Hotels & Resorts
Macdonald Hotels is a collection of hotels across the UK. Experience quality accommodation in some of the county's most popular locations.
What you get
Use Clubcard vouchers for a few days' peace and quiet in stunning accommodation all at a great value price. For every £10 of Clubcard vouchers, you'll receive £30 Macdonald Hotel tokens to spend on a break based on best available room rates and B&B rates only.
Macdonald Hotels & Resorts are recognised and have a wealth of awards including AA Stars, Red Stars, Rosettes and most recently, AA Group of the Year 2013/14.
Whether dining in one of the award-winning restaurants, or relaxing in one of their spas, Macdonald aim to consistently exceed expectations through a passionate and progressive approach to hospitality.
Macdonald Hotels are in some to the UK’s most popular leisure destinations and the largest privately-owned hotel group in the UK. They're committed to providing you with a quality experience from the crispness of your sheets and the sparkling bathrooms, to the free range eggs cooked to order and the friendly, attentive service that their staff provide.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Macdonald Hotels & Resorts,
additional information about Macdonald Hotels & Resorts (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Bear Hug!By NannieJ20 July 2015aged 55 to 64Female
My Husband and I stayed at The Bear as it was convenient for Blenheim Palace. The palace was only a five minute walk away. The Hotel receptionist was extremely helpful and we were able to purchase our tickets from her. The Hotel was a charming old coach house with lots of character.. Our room was not large but very comfortable with everything you could need. Breakfast was lovely with everything cooked fresh for you. No food kept hot under lamps here! We had the Afternoon Tea which was amazing, even the scones were hot. Only complaint was the amount of food on the stand! What we didn't eat was covered and we took it away with us to eat later. Off street parking was also a bonus. We would definitely stay at The Bear Hotel again.Date used : 15/07/2015
- Great hotelBy J7xjh18 July 2015aged 35 to 44Male
Great, stayed here for 3 nights & found it to be most enjoyable, polite & helpful staff, nice clean room' great location with a feeling of genuine grandeur, would definitely recommend this to anyone. Around 15 miles out of Edinburgh if anyone is concerned. Already thinking of going back next year...Date used : 12/07/2015
- Not ImpressedBy journeyman29 June 2015aged 65 or overMale
This is four star hotel that provides a two star service!!! The hotel looks fine from the outside but on entering it from the car park you walk down a long dreary corridor to a dimly lit reception area. The staff were not rude, but neither did they offer a warm welcome--- they just did the business. Our room was quite large and was provided with a television, a fridge, an iron and a trouser press, but did not have any feature that would distinguish it from a three star hotel. We were however provided with a dirty towel, mould in the grouting in the bathroom and a bedside table that had seen better days. It is one week since we complained to reception who promise us a response from head office but this has not materialised, an indication, perhaps, of how much the company does not care. We both enjoyed our breakfasts but the service would have been more appropriate to Joe's Cafe than a four star hotel. In conclusion, we would not recommend this hotel to anyone.Date used : 22/06/2015
- Awful Stay in ChesterBy JeanieBeanie24 June 2015aged 45 to 54Female
Would never use my vouchers for MacDonald again. Had to pay extra for the room - even though they were supposed to be 4 times the value. Stayed at the New Blossoms in Chester and next time I'll book the Premier Inn near the station. Our room was supposed to be worth nearly £500 for the two nights. I hardly slept due to the room being on the main street and the noise from outside kept me awake. Luckily my daughter is a much deeper sleeper than I am and she slept through - but it was crazy putting a child in there. The room was unbearably hot - even though the weather outside was nice but not summer hot. We had various other issues which I have written to them which at first they ignored. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Had a lovely time in Chester - lots of lovely restaurants and plenty to do, just wish we'd stayed somewhere else.Date used : 09/04/2015
- Relaxing breaksBy relaxedtraveller15 June 2015aged 55 to 64Female
Have used Macdonald hotels quite a few times now and cannot fault them. We have free (or nearly free) weekends away. Lovely relaxing weekends at virtually no cost all over the country. Off to Scotland in a couple weeks - can't wait!Date used : 26/06/2015
Add to basket
• Please call the reservations team on 0844 879 9220 to check availability and price before purchasing your tokens.
• You must book with the hotel company at least 14 days before you wish to stay.
• Valid on Macdonald Hotels Best Available Room rates and B&B rates only. This offer cannot be used against advanced purchases and promotional rates.
•Minimum 2 night stays, valid Monday to Sunday inclusive and is based on 2 people sharing a classic double/twin room
• Room availability is limited and prices may vary depending on time of booking.
• Hotel exclusions apply, please see terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
• Any additional extras, including children’s meals, will be payable at the hotel by cash, credit or debit card. Quote the specific rate when booking. Certain dates may be excluded.
• Websites shown are for information only - tokens cannot be used for internet bookings and are not valid on prices shown on the internet.
• Tokens(s) cannot be used for: Aviemore Woodland Lodges, Eastwell Manor, Kent, Dragon Hotel, Swansea & Royal Garden Hotel – London. Tokens cannot be used for stays at Macdonald UK or Spanish resorts. Excludes themed breaks including Relaxation Breaks. There is limited availability at selective hotels throughout the year. These included the Macdonald Randolph, Macdonald Bath Spa, Macdonald Bear Hotel, Macdonald Old England.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights