Macdonald Hotels & Resorts
Macdonald Hotels is a collection of hotels across the UK. Experience quality accommodation in some of the county's most popular locations.
What you get
Use Clubcard vouchers for a few days' peace and quiet in stunning accommodation all at a great value price. For every £10 of Clubcard vouchers, you'll receive £30 Macdonald Hotel tokens to spend on a break based on best available room rates and B&B rates only.
Macdonald Hotels & Resorts are recognised and have a wealth of awards including AA Stars, Red Stars, Rosettes and most recently, AA Group of the Year 2013/14.
Whether dining in one of the award-winning restaurants, or relaxing in one of their spas, Macdonald aim to consistently exceed expectations through a passionate and progressive approach to hospitality.
Macdonald Hotels are in some to the UK’s most popular leisure destinations and the largest privately-owned hotel group in the UK. They're committed to providing you with a quality experience from the crispness of your sheets and the sparkling bathrooms, to the free range eggs cooked to order and the friendly, attentive service that their staff provide.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Macdonald Hotels & Resorts,
additional information about Macdonald Hotels & Resorts (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Lake District weekendBy Lana17 April 2015aged 65 or overFemale
I wanted to book a long weekend at the Lake District for my husband's birthday. I really wanted to go to Mac Donald's Old English and Spa Hotel and I had checked online to ensure they had vacancies. However when I contacted MacDonlds bookings for Tesco vouchers I was told there were no vacancies. However the MacDonalds assistant was most helpful and managed to get us booked into Leeming House. The hotel was lovely - beautiful setting. The staff were very helpful and attentive. There was a good choice at breakfast and the food was good. We had dinner there on one evening but we did not think it was value for money. Too expensive and not a very good choice. On the whole we had a good weekend although we did miss not having a spa and pool - this would have made a good weekend into a great one especially since it snowed one morning it would have given something nice to do.Date used : 11/04/2015
- Welcoming winter weekend breakBy Pinn14 April 2015aged 55 to 64Female
I recently spent a long weekend at the Loch Rannoch Hotel, it is a few years since I was last there with my late husband and we had very fond and happy memories of our holidays there. This time as a single traveler I was warmly welcomed and well looked after. The hotel is comfortable and my room had spectacular views, excellent food and it's just the place for a recuperating mid-winter break. Booking was easy as always and of course by using Tesco clubcard vouchers - whatever the current exchange rate is - I had free accommodation and breakfasts, that I couldn't otherwise have afforded. Thank you Tesco for giving me a lovely holiday.Date used : 27/03/2015
- Very enjoyable weekend in ChesterBy Hereford06 April 2015aged 55 to 64Female
This is the first time we have used Tesco vouchers to book hotel accommodation. Customer Services were very helpful but I was surprised and disappointed we could only book Thursday and Friday nights as this limits your choice of dates. However we were able to book the Thursday and Friday of the Easter break and we had a very enjoyable stay at the New Blossoms Hotel in Chester. The room and en suite were very acceptable and I didn't feel that we were treated as 'second-class citizens' using Tesco vouchers. The hotel staff were very attentive and helpful. The breakfasts were very plentiful with a very good selection of continental and full English choices. We didn't have evening meals in the restaurant. The only downside to our stay was the lack of dedicated hotel parking. There is an agreement with the Grosvenor Shopping Centre car park which is quite close by but a nuisance if you have forgotten to take items with you to the hotel. Based on our stay we would recommend this hotel to others.Date used : 02/04/2015
- MacDonalds Hotels - don't use Tesco vouchersBy Greta24 March 2015aged 45 to 54Female
I am extremely disappointed with MacDonald Hotels & Resorts customer services department. We telephoned their central reservations number and the person who took the call was very happy to book us a garden view room for one night until we revealed that we would be paying using Tesco vouchers. We were then told that we could only have a classic room and that the minimum stay was for two nights and suddenly the previous room availability had disappeared! We were informed that a one night stay may be available but that they were fully booked for one night stays until after December - how totally contradictory and confusing as a room had just been available with payment using a debit/credit only moments before. Also, the vouchers expire after 6 months, a fact of which I am sure they are well aware of. Luckily we contacted Tesco who are willing to convert the vouchers back into points - thank you Tesco! I will definitely not be using this chain of hotels again as I felt we were treated like second class citizens by using club card points.Date used : 23/03/2015
- Good hotelBy Longarcher11 March 2015aged 55 to 64Male
My wife & I have stayed at several Mcdonald hotels on special deals & using Tesco vouchers over the last 5 years. We both agree that the Guisborough hotel is the best in the group that we have been to. The staff are always very friendly & attentive & well trained. Whilst it does not have all the facilities of some of the hotels, we find it always to be a very relaxing place to stay & the food is very good. We have never been able to secure a place at the Old England in the Lake district using our Tesco vouchers & found that in some McDonald hotels guest who book with vouchers tend to get a lesser quality room. This does not happen at the Guisborough. It is always nice to be able to off-set some of the cost of our break by using our Tesco vouchersDate used : 06/03/2015
Add to basket
• Please call the reservations team on 0844 879 9220 to check availability and price before purchasing your tokens.
• You must book with the hotel company at least 14 days before you wish to stay.
• Valid on Macdonald Hotels Best Available Room rates and B&B rates only. This offer cannot be used against advanced purchases and promotional rates.
•Minimum 2 night stays, valid Monday to Sunday inclusive and is based on 2 people sharing a classic double/twin room
• Room availability is limited and prices may vary depending on time of booking.
• Hotel exclusions apply, please see terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
• Any additional extras, including children’s meals, will be payable at the hotel by cash, credit or debit card. Quote the specific rate when booking. Certain dates may be excluded.
• Websites shown are for information only - tokens cannot be used for internet bookings and are not valid on prices shown on the internet.
• Tokens(s) cannot be used for: Aviemore Woodland Lodges, Eastwell Manor, Kent, Dragon Hotel, Swansea & Royal Garden Hotel – London. Tokens cannot be used for stays at Macdonald UK or Spanish resorts. Excludes themed breaks including Relaxation Breaks. There is limited availability at selective hotels throughout the year. These included the Macdonald Randolph, Macdonald Bath Spa, Macdonald Bear Hotel, Macdonald Old England.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights