Experience Hatfield House, a fine example of Jacobean architecture dating back to the 1600s. The House boasts several grandly adorned State Rooms and beautifully maintained surrounding grounds and woodland.
What you get
Visit the area where Elizabeth I spent her early life and, in fact, where Elizabethan life itself began. Hatfield House is a great day out with friends or family, and can be experienced for less when you exchange Clubcard vouchers.
For every £2.50 in vouchers you exchange, we'll send you £10 in tokens to spend on a day at the House. From there it's yours to explore at your leisure.
From the moment you enter you'll be wowed by the many portraits and Grand Staircase whose banisters have been painstakingly carved and preserved. There are several rooms to explore from the Chinese Bedroom to King James Drawing Room, the principal reception room of the House.
See original clothing worn by Elizabeth I at the far end of the Long Gallery, smell the leather of over 10,000 volumes in the Library, and marvel at the extensive suits of armour and other weaponry in the Armoury with its exquisite marble floor.
Then head outside to the garden where a host of differently themed gardens are yours to explore. The adjoining woodland garden can be seen at its best during spring where daffodils and bluebells carpet the ground.
Finally, enjoy leisurely strolls round the parkland where you'll see an ancient oak tree, the site where a young Princess Elizabeth first heard of her accession to the throne.
refwk2b, refwk2c, refwk2d
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Enjoyable Day OutBy Sabs10 October 2014aged 25 to 34Female
Myself and my other half love our Tudor and Historic history - we ordered our tickets on the Thursday and it arrive almost a day later which was brilliant even though being advised it would take 4-5 days. It was a nice day and we chose to take the audio guide - would recommend to anyone for approx. £3-5 can't remember to be honest! they have a Victorian tea room and places to buy sweets/ice cream - parking was free. Total visit was approx. 3-4 hoursDate used : 26/09/2014
- WonderfulBy Jennycambridgeshire06 October 2014aged 55 to 64Female
Finally got around to using my vouchers to visit Hatfield House. It is a most beautiful and interesting house. The gardens are also splendid. We are members of the National Trust and have visited many historical houses. However I am pleased to say Hatfield did not disappoint and we really enjoyed our visit. The church just outside the house is well worth visiting as well. Using the Tesco vouchers was easy and made for a wonderful afternoon. Would recommend to anyone who likes history and beautiful gardens.Date used : 20/09/2014
- Wow!By SquirrelAnn19 September 2014aged 65 or overFemale
One of the best days out I've ever had to an historic house and gardens. It had everything and everything was perfect - the Jacobean house, the Elizabethan palace's great hall, the extremely informative guides, the gardens, the shops, the tearoom, the church (next door). I cannot fault it in any way. Thank you Tesco's!Date used : 18/09/2014
- Highly RecommendedBy culturevulture29 August 2014aged 55 to 64Female
Excellent value using Clubcard vouchers and worth travelling a considerable distance and staying at a B & B in Hatfield. A very pleasant, informative and interesting day out.Date used : 28/08/2014
- Great Day Out!By Madabout0423 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Hatfield House, Gardens and Farm are really a great day out! Our children loved the farm, simple but with the free train ride and tractor ride thrown in to the price it was just enough and the play area at Bloody Hollow was fantastic fun! The House and Gardens were amazing and paying extra for for the audio tour was easier, thanks to the Tesco vouchers and well worth it. My kids enjoyed that as much as we did and they got some education along the way! My only regret was not going on the day the East Gardens were open, they looked beautiful from the house and had a maze. The added bonus at the moment is a statue exhibition that covers the entire area of the West Gardens, some really playful statues and a great way to encourage the kids to explore the whole area. :)Date used : 21/08/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are not valid for admission to the East Garden, promotional offers, season tickets, membership schemes or Living Crafts, Art in Clay or for any other event at Hatfield House or for general admission during these events (except Rose Weekend and Hatfield House Country Show). Tokens may be used to purchase general admission to Hatfield House, Park and Garden tickets only.