Black Country Living Museum
For a giant leap back in time head to Dudley's Black Country Living Museum. It's a sprawling mass of period buildings, vehicles, and costumed actors that give the whole experience a genuine appeal.
What you get
With time periods dating from the Victorian era to the 1930s and areas round the West Midlands from Wolverhampton to Dudley itself all presented as they once were, a day at the Black Country Living Museum is one of enjoyment and insight.
To experience it all for less, just exchange £2.50 in Clubcard vouchers and you'll get £10 back to spend on admission. From there, the museum is yours to explore.
Historically, the Black Country played a massive part in the industrialisation of the nation. It was the first industrial landscape in the world, as is highlighted as such at the museum. From the landscape itself to domestic and cultural life, there are over 50 historic shops and houses, even a library to be explored.
Vehicles including a 1940s bus, old motorbikes, Tram 49, and a locally manufactured AJS Nine motorcar all add to the character aesthetic, while a selection of curious locks and safes also make up the composition.
This living museum really is an experience to behold for anyone interested in the work and living conditions of the local area. It's all brought to life with such accuracy you'll wonder where you are when you leave.
How it works
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out token, download this additional information about Days Out token (download PDF file *) . Visit their website at www.bclm.co.uk.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- So Much To SeeBy Wisp16 November 2013aged 55 to 64Female
1st visit in July 2013 and will be going again next year. I couldn't get all round it in a day! Tip - the ice cream seller is at the canal trip location, I only found it by seeing a payment sign down an alleyay to the canal. They should have several dotted around. A variety of food available but you can take your own. Lovely people willing to help/offer history/answer questions. I'm using Tesco Clubcard vouchers on the Days Out (6 months to expire from issue) to give as an xmas gift to friends who live there & amazingly have never been!Date used : 19/07/2013
- Great day outBy SimonF22 August 2013aged 35 to 44Male
We've lived 15 minutes away from this place for years and never even thought about going. (even tho my daughter has been numerous times with school and brownies etc) she nagged us through the holidays about going so when we knew we could use clubcard rewards for it we decided to give it a go. personally i wasn't expecting too much, but i thoroughly enjoyed a full day out there. make sure you get fish and chips while you're there... best in the midlands!!Date used : 14/08/2013
- something for everyone very entertainingBy terry17 May 2013aged 55 to 64Male
it has so much to offer same lines as beamish but better. a must is the underground mine also book a school lesson . a canal trip is opptional with added price but worth it , it was cheaper to go on the canal trip before dinner. it has a old fashioned fun fare with elter skelter cape walk etc . houses with people living as was and are willing to answer your questions all sorts of shops and various occupations and people roll playing . street games and cinema . proper fish n' chips pricey but enjoyable tram rides all the old stuff to ponder over . I have been 4/5 times and are going again this year i have been with a elderly disabled group as well as with my family so it covers most ages. there is a picnic area if you prefer to take your own food .. 4x your tesco vouchers make it a free visit a we do did same at the deep hullDate used : 20/05/2012
- amazing day out with the familyBy rajni13 May 2013aged 25 to 34Female
I have never ventured on the idea of visiting this place until a friend of mine visited this place earlier on this year. Needless to say, the kids really did enjoy themselves and it is great value for money. The visit into the mine is a must along with a walk into the old town. The ride on the tram was lovely and the weather was an added bonus. Old style chips - we had the alternative not in beef dripping! - delicious - planning another trip with a larger party.Date used : 05/05/2013
Add to basket
The fine print
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• A token is not a pre-booked ticket.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are not valid for special events.