The Household Cavalry Museum
Military enthusiasts especially will love the Household Cavalry Museum in London's Horse Guards. On display are some dazzling selections of uniforms and weaponry, you can even observe troops at work at the stables.
What you get
With multimedia and touchscreen technology, you'll get a whole wealth of presentation about our country's royal soldiers, their lives as troops, and the duties involved. With loads more available, experience the lot for less with Clubcard vouchers.
Just exchange £2.50 in vouchers and you'll get £10 back in tokens for your visit.
Check out all you can see:
• Multimedia usage free of charge - listen to the Riot Act being read while looking at an actual copy; hear amazing stories of serving troops at the tap of a touchscreen; or watch troopers in training taking their first ride on a horse.
• The Household Cavalry Regiment - this brand new display depicts the recon regiment in light armoured vehicles and tanks, one that has served in contemporary warfare as well as conflict zones in WW1. Among other things, see the most decorated serving soldier in the British Army, and the kit each trooper takes into battle.
• Full size 19th century horse and trooper set piece - this stunning statue shows the moment when the Royals captured the Eagle and Standard of the French 105th Regiment of the Line - surely something to become one of the most photographed icons in London.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- OK, but...By GBLAB10 September 2014aged 55 to 64Male
You get an audio/video machine, which you can pick and choose what you want to hear and see. The area is fairly small, but some more seating would have helped, as there were quite a few stories by the soldiers to hear, but weren't as the legs were getting tired. The guards horses could be seen tied up, but we didn't time it right to see any change of guard movements. OK museum, but don't go out of your way, London is full of exceptional free museums.Date used : 06/09/2014
- Definitely worth a visit.By AdamS14 May 2014aged 25 to 34Male
What a gem of a place. Horseguards parade is always part of our itinerary for our annual trip to London (with two soldier mad boys). We weren't expecting this museum to be as big a hit with the whole family as it was. We spent a good few hours here watching the Household Cavalry through the viewing window and photographing the boys dressing in ceremonial uniform! The staff are enthusiastic and helpful. My children were 2 and 6 when we first visited and each time they return they find something new to see or find out about. The shop has great quality items and keepsakes at reasonable prices. My wife has asked me to comment on the conveniences as she is rather neurotic about cleanliness. The toilets here are immaculate. All in all- well worth a visit. Highly recommended.Date used : 17/08/2013
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.