Take part in an awesome Highland adventure with a Highland Safari. Whether rumbling through forest or motoring over rugged mountain peeks, being in a 4x4 is one of the most fun ways to see Scotland.
What you get
Highland Safaris, winner of the `Best Visitor Experience` in Scotland combines the new Red Deer Centre with award winning exhilarating Land Rover safaris, inspiring walking and biking activities and Perthshire’s only Gold and Gem Panning Centre. A truly authentic discovery of everything that makes Highland Safaris an exceptional destination.
Hop into the seat of an offroad vehicle and let your kilted safari guide take you through thick Caledonian pine forest or towering mountain tops. With the Mountain Safari you'll reach heights of nearly 3000ft where you can explore one of Europe's last wildernesses. You'll have the chance to spot rare wildlife like Red Deer and Golden Eagle, not to mention the achingly beautiful panoramas.
Included in the Mountain Safari package are binoculars and telescopes to make spotting easier; hot drinks, shortbreads and a dram of Dewar’s Whisky to keep out the cold; and animal identification sheets so you know just what you're looking at.
In the Forest Safari, the shorter more children friendly trip, you'll have the chance to introduce your children to the wonders of Scotland's natural environment. There are tracks, trails views and clues to be had round every corner.
Want to keep your feet on the ground then book into the Red Deer Centre and come face to face with Britain’s largest native land mammal – the majestic Red Deer and meet and encounter the tame Barn Owl in a hands on demonstration in the feeding Barn, as well as discovering the natural wonders of Highland Perth shire on a free fun and inspiring short walk.
Also don’t miss Biketrax our Mountain Bike skills loop, Gold and Gem Panning in a 40` covered panning flume and an award winning café and shop.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- great day outBy thebroad1213 April 2015aged 45 to 54Female
I booked the Forest Tour for myself and 11 year old. We were all given binoculars when we got in the landrover. Our driver was friendly and did his best to find us wildlife which unfortunately was thin on the ground on our trip. However, the scenery was great and I will never climb 1600 feet to see a view! The 11 year old was getting a bit bored till we drove through a river and the 11/2 hours was long enough for him. On return to the centre I hired a bike for him at £6 and he went on the bmx track which was great, tired him out and I thought was quite reasonable. If you have your own bikes with your there is an honesty box for donations to help with the upkeep. I was surprised just how long we were there and that it kept his attention. We didn't book the owl or deer feeding, but we were there for about 4 hours as he loved the wee park, we enjoyed wandering around and their is a nice cafe or places to sit with a picnic. It is a bit of a wee gem in the middle of nowhere!Date used : 04/04/2015
- A brilliant day out!By DolbyNR27 November 2014aged 35 to 44Female
We split the events over two days but included the Forest Safari, Gold Panning, Deer & Owl Encounter, this meant we could also enjoy a leisurely lunch where the food was delicious. It was the people that made this trip special, the Rangers were brilliant and funny with lots of information. Even the wet weather didn't spoil our trip. Well worth a visit.Date used : 20/10/2014
- Good fun!By GaryStephEnt09 November 2014aged 55 to 64Male
My friends and I have been on a number of the Mountain Safaris and always find them very interesting and good fun. The drivers are very knowledgeable of the area and always have good tales to tell. Obviously the weather can be a contributing factor, but there's usually something to look at, and there's always the shortbread and a hot drink and/or a wee dram in the bothy. The Red Deer Encounter (a separate chargeable activity) was also brilliant - Andy (the ranger) was very entertaining! Will definitely do it again.Date used : 04/11/2014
- A lovely way to spend an afternoonBy Yoda30 September 2014aged 55 to 64Female
We booked our Highland Safari before going on holiday to Scotland and we did have to send our vouchers by recorded delivery prior to our visit, which I thought was a bit unusual. However, when we went to the site for lunch, we were made to feel very welcome, before heading out in a Landrover Discovery. I had imagined we would be travelling in a noisy, smelly old 'jeep' like vehicle but this was sheer luxury. The driver (Andy) who was very jovial, was very knowledgeable about the area and the local wildlife. We saw several Red Deer and a red squirrel. There was a fleeting glance of a crossbill, we could hear them, but they were quite elusive. We stopped at a bothy for refreshments before the journey back. The whole afternoon was very enjoyable and we had great weather so the views from the top were magnificent!Date used : 25/09/2014
- Great for the whole familyBy Yaffa23 August 2014aged 35 to 44Female
Forest safari - great for all ages - guides are friendly and knowledgable. Gem Panning - Gets a bit cold depending on weather so younger children may run off to the nearby playground but older ones will enjoy finding their treasures. Red Deer & Owl encounter was brilliant - You get to handfeed red deer and learn all about them - would highly recommend adding this to whatever option you choose. The cafe's food is also delicious so this is a great place to stop off for lunch. Less than half an hour from Tummel Valley.Date used : 20/08/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Vouchers can be used to purchase individual adult, senior, child and disabled tickets only. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or to purchase family tickets. They can also not be used to purchase souvenir brochures or items from our gift shop.
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Tokens are only valid for Mountain Safari, Forest Safari and Red Deer Centre.