Mela – The Joy of Indian Dining
What you get
Celebrate the full flavour of Indian cuisine at Mela.
A favourite with critics and patrons alike, Mela is proud to have received many culinary awards over the past 10 years, including most recently Regional Winner in the Archant London Food and Drink Awards 2009. These can only reflect the true brilliance of Mela’s inspired menu that delivers the promise of authentic Indian cuisine infused with passion and flair!
Mela’s menu showcases the varying cultures, traditions, celebrations and styles of living that give character and complexity to Indian cuisine. Our food varies according to its regional location. Flavours and aromas are robust, exciting and truly unique. Fine ingredients, cooking methods and distinct tastes and textures ensure that you experience the true joy of Indian dining. A theatre kitchen enables you to watch the specialist chefs prepare dishes in the traditional Indian way.
OPENING TIMES - please confirm opening times & dates by checking their website.
LOCATIONS - please confirm locations by checking their website.
The Mela Group is comprised of 5 fantastic restaurants across London, Manchester, Redhill and Droxford.
• Mela, 152-156 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2h 8HL. 020 7836 8635
• Mela, 1 Linkfield Street, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1HQ. 01737 766154
• Chowki, 2-3 Denman Street, London, W1D 7HA. 020 7439 1130
• Dilli Restaurant, 60 Stamford New Road, Altrincham, WA14 1EE. 01619 297484
• White Horse Inn, South Hill, Droxford, Southampton, SO32,3PB. 01489 877490
If you are taking children, please confirm that the venue is suitable.
How it works
1. Simply select the amount of Clubcard vouchers you want to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over will go back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your rewards tokens with Mela token, download this additional information about Mela token (download PDF file *) . Visit their website at www.melagroup.net/mela/.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- VERY DISAPPOINTINGBy VALERIE23 May 2013aged 55 to 64Female
WE VISITED MELA RESTAURANT IN SHAFTESBURY AVENUE WITH MY SON AND A FRIEND AND HAD INFORMED THEM THAT WE WERE PAYING WITH TESCO VOUCHERS. FIRSTLY WE ORDERED POPADOMS AND DIPS WHICH CAME OUT AT £1.00 EACH + £2.00 FOR FOUR DIPS, BUT WE ONLY RECEIVED 3 DIPS, TWO OF WHICH WERE THE SAME IN THE SMALLEST RAMEKINS YOU COULD FIND BETWEEN 4 PEOPLE! THE REST OF THE MEAL WAS REALLY GOOD, PLENTY OF FOOD IN EVERY ORDER AND REALLY TASTY. WE DID NOT HAVE A SWEET OR COFFEE BUT HAD A BOTTLE OF WINE AND 2 BEERS. WHEN WE RECEIVED THE BILL IT QUOTED 4 DIPS AND12.5 SERVICE CHARGE BUT AS THE WAITERS WERE HARD TO ATTRACT TO THE TABLE, EVEN WHEN THEY HAD PROMISED AN ICE BUCKET WHICH DID NOT TURN UP WAS NOT WARRANTED. WE SHOULD HAVE COMPLAINED AT THE TIME BUT DID NOT SO THAT IS OUR FAULT. THE FOLLOWING DAY WE WENT TO PREZZOS IN MAYFAIR, AGAIN WITH TESCO VOUCHERS AND THE EXPERIENCE WAS TOTALLY THE OPPOSITE - THE STAFF COULDNT HAVE BEEN NICER THE BILL WAS A LOT LESS AND INCLUDED STARTER, SWEET AND DRINKS ALL ROUND! WE KNOW WHICH ONE WE WILL BE REVISITING!Date used : 15/05/2013
Add to basket
The fine print
• There is a maximum of 8 quests per party when using Tesco tokens.
• Mela tokens cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers or vouchers or used to buy gift cards.
• Tokens can be used as full or part payment for food only
Terms & Conditions
• Only Mela tokens can be used in Mela restaurants, no other tokens will be accepted.
• Mela tokens can be used as full or part payment for food only (Mela tokens cannot be used to purchase drinks, merchandise, gift cards or towards promotional and set menus) you can top them up with cash, no change is given from Mela tokens and they cannot be used for a tip.
• Maximum of 8 guests per party.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
•You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
•Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens issued after 13th August 2012 cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.