First News 3 Month Subscription
Pick up loads of First News issues with a 3 month subscription. It's the UK's only newspaper for 7-14 year olds, and delivers current world and home affairs, sports and entertainment news plus puzzles and games.
What you get
First News - beginning in 2006 - is a young person's newspaper aimed squarely at those close to either side of adolescence. It brings all that's happening from around the world and closer to home in a fun and accessible way, and boasts over a million readers nationwide. You can get a 3 month subscription to First News by using Clubcard vouchers. Just exchange £6.50 in vouchers and your child could soon be keeping you in check with the latest Downing Street and White House goings on.
First News has been approved by the National Literacy Trust so it goes down very well in schools. It truly is an educational and richly informative source of information for developing minds. Kids love its engaging approach and easily manageable segments, so get your children a copy and see what they pick up.
How it works
1. Select the quantity of tokens you want to receive by adding to your basket. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
- Great way for children to discover the newsBy tootiefruitie14 November 2013aged 35 to 44Female
My 9 year old daughter loves receiving this newspaper. Every Friday afternoon she comes in from school, lifts the paper and disappears to her room to read it. She is not an avid reader but has enjoyed reading this paper. She enjoys feeling grown up and knowing the news, but from my persepective, it is an appropriate view of the news - not all depressing - and aimed at young people.Date used : 13/11/2013
- The perfect gift!By TankTopTanya06 November 2013aged 35 to 44Female
I bought this last year for my son as he hadn't shown much interest in reading. Now he is telling me what is happening in the news! I'm now buying several for my friends children as it is the perfect gift for Christmas, well done First News!Date used : 12/12/2012
- Would highly recommendBy cantthinkofanickname05 November 2013aged 25 to 34Female
My daughter (9) sees First News at school and has been asking for her own copy for a while so we subscribed recently. She's happy to sit quietly and read it for ages, happily discussing her favourite stories with us afterwards. I think it's a wonderful idea and I'm so pleased she is engaging with the news every week. Would definitely recommend.Date used : 05/11/2013
- My kids love it!By DadToLola29 October 2013aged 35 to 44Male
I thought I'd give First News a go to encourage my children to read a little bit more and I'm really pleased with how they've taken to it. They are now interested in current affairs and we even end up discussing the news around the dinner table. The news stories are easy to understand and digest and pitched at the right level for my children. I don't have to censor the material because it's written responsibly and with very few adverts. Highly recommended for parents looking to get their children to read more.Date used : 29/10/2013
Add to basket
The fine print
• Subscription is for 3 months (issue terms may vary) from issue date. Tokens are not valid for purchase of individual newspapers and are for 3 months’ subscription only.
Terms & Conditions
• Subscription is for 3 months (issue terms may vary) from issue date.
• Tokens are not valid for purchase of individual newspapers and are for 3 months’ subscription only.
• The subscription may not include promotional items packaged with the newspaper.
• Offer valid for UK subscriptions only; which includes Northern Ireland, but excludes BFPO addresses.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
•You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
•Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.