Visit the Bowes Museum in the beautiful historic market town of Castle Barnard in County Durham. The whole family will love this exquisite 19th Century French-style chateau experience.
What you get
Founded by John and Joséphine Bowes, this magnificent building, set in beautiful parkland and landscaped gardens, contains the greatest collection of European fine and decorative art in the north of England, including works by Goya, El Greco and Canaletto.
To really make the most of your Clubcard vouchers, simply exchange £2.50 for £10 back in tokens towards the Bowes Museum admission fee.
Thanks to a range of interactive galleries, you're assured that the whole family fully enjoys the museum experience in a fun and exciting way. There's a regular programme of pre-bookable Family Fun Days and Workshops taking place during school holidays too.
Complementing the permanent collections is a rolling programme of international, world-class exhibitions.
How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Days Out,
additional information about Days Out (download PDF file *)
Visit their website.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Beware Yves St Laurent exhibitionBy Prunie28 July 2015aged 65 or overFemale
We have been several times to The Bowes and it is really worth a visit. It contains lots of fascinating items for all ages. They have the only YSL exhibition in UK on until October and we really want to see it. Previews are amazing. I have just checked with the museum that Tesco vouchers can be used. I was told that they can only be used for normal admission and can NOT be used AT ALL for admission to the YSL exhibition. Note that entry to this INCLUDES normal admission and is actually only £1 on top and that using £10 Tesco voucher(s), you will have to pay some in cash anyway. So, next question," Can I pay extra in cash to add entry to the YSL?" (ie £1 plus and difference from Tesco voucher). Answer "no". Confused? Frustrated? YES!!Date used : 28/07/2015
- DisappointingBy Av10709 July 2015aged 65 or overFemale
I went to Bowes Museum, especially to meet friends at the cafe. Some of the galleries were closed because of preparation for the YSL exhibition. I have been to the Bowes 3 times before, but was disappointed this time. I felt that everything was put to one side because of the YSL preparation. Staff were busy with flowers & displays. The cafe, which is usually excellent, was dreadful. We had booked a table & after being told which one was ours, we were ignored. We had to ask for a menu & were told that there was limited choice (3 main, 3 sandwiches or soup.) We ordered & the food was very poor. £5.95 for a cheese sandwich with limp rocket & £7.95 for burnt bread with cheese & dried streaky bacon. We ate our food as my friends did not want to complain & then we were ignored...no "is everything OK?" or offer of coffee. We sat &chatted for an hour & a half & no-one came to the table. I have been to the Bowes Museum before, but will not recommend it to anyone else. I am just glad that I used my Tesco vouchers & did not pay cash for an over-priced museum.Date used : 08/07/2015
- An Enjoyable Day Out.By BandB04 June 2015aged 55 to 64Female
Always a good day out. A varied and interesting museum which has a very good standing collection in an interesting building. They also hold differing and changing exhibitions from paintings and drawings to clothing and archaeology. They have a good café/restaurant serving a wide range of interesting and varied food at reasonable prices.Date used : 21/05/2015
- Fantastic artBy shell95301 July 2014aged 55 to 64Female
Bowes Museum is a very interesting place to visit with fantastic paintings, china, curios, silver, carvings and artefacts. There was an excellent David Hockney exhibition when we visited and we enjoyed all the exhibits, especially the"singing swan" which is switched on at 2 pm every day. The cafe does a refreshing cup of tea and cake to revive you after your visit and it's worth strolling round the town and along the river.Date used : 19/06/2014
- A Grand Day OutBy Shepshedian19 May 2014aged 65 or overFemale
We arrived mid morning and firstly visited the cafe where we received a very friendly greeting and were efficiently served our drinks. Having slaked our thirsts we then followed the helpful map that was provided to view the various exhibit halls. All were interesting and well laid out. The Bowes is a traditional museum and therefore there was little in the way of interactive exhibits. The automaton swan was the most impressive feature but there was something for all three of us to enjoy. Our visit ended with a late lunch in the cafe which again was efficiently served and represented good value for money. A walk around the woodland walk completed a grand day out.Date used : 16/05/2014
Add to basket
• Please check all opening/closing times, dates and admission prices before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional Information'
Terms & Conditions
• Vouchers can be used to purchase individual adult, senior, child and disabled tickets only. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or to purchase family tickets. They can also not be used to purchase souvenir brochures or items from our gift shop.
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for galas, special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.