Macdonald Hotels & Resorts
Macdonald Hotels is a collection of hotels across the UK. Experience quality accommodation in some of the county's most popular locations.
What you get
Use Clubcard vouchers for a few days' peace and quiet in stunning accommodation all at a great value price. For every £10 of Clubcard vouchers, you'll receive £30 Macdonald Hotel tokens to spend on a break staying at a Macdonald Hotel.
Since its inception in 1990, Macdonald Hotels has grown rapidly from an initial two hotels in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, to a signature collection of properties across the UK. Each hotel is starkly different from the last, giving it its own unique stance among the group. Such examples include the renowned Macdonald Compleat Angler at Marlow, and the Macdonald Holyrood Hotel in Edinburgh.
Whether it's a romantic retreat, a social gathering with friends and family, spa treat or golfing break, the range of tastes catered for is huge.
The group has established an enviable reputation for quality, great food and service. Many hotels have Vital Health, fitness and beauty clubs and spas, as well as their own championship-standard golf course at the Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Country Club near Peebles in Scotland.
How it works
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your boost tokens with Macdonald Hotels & Resorts tokens, download this additional information about Macdonald Hotels & Resorts tokens (download PDF file *) .
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Girlie Christmas Shopping weekendBy MrsP27 November 2013aged 45 to 54Female
Had a very good overall experience. This is the second time we have stayed at the Burlington Hotel in Birmingham - This time we found the Reception staff extremely helpful and Breakfast staff equally good. Our rooms were large, clean, comfortable we had 3 rooms 2 twins and 1 tripple (with z bed). The hotel is ideally located for shopping in Birmingham as it literally is on your doorstep. Two of our rooms were street side and on 5th floor and you can hear the hustle and bustle of the street below but not enough to stop us sleeping. Parking is a walk from the hotel (lots of work being done around the area of New Street Station)and with all our Christmas shopping bags Richard on Reception was an enormous help directing us to bring our cars to back of Hotel to load up and such a gentleman helped us load ALL our bags. Great experience Thank you to all staff at the Burlington. Addiditionally Staff at Tesco/Macdonald desk where you send vouchers before your stay were helpful on more than one occassion. OVERALL great experience. THANK YOU ALLDate used : 23/11/2013
- Macdonalds Hotels - a really good groupBy JohnnyV27 November 2013aged 65 or overMale
All bar one of the hotels I have stayed at have had really friendly, helpful staff, and the hotels themselves are great. I used to use THF hotels, and have found Macdonalds just as good, especially with the Tesco vouchers and the rooms upgrade through Elite membershipDate used : 17/12/2013
- Always excellent!By fruitful26 November 2013aged 55 to 64Female
Once again I have to commend Macdonalds on their excellent customer service when booking. The delightful lady that I dealt with not only handled my booking very swiftly but also gave me details of a Christmas market in Edinburgh which we will definitely visit. We have used vouchers for years and had some lovely breaks away that we would not otherwise be able to afford. They also have the added bonus of being one of the few upmarket hotel chains that welcome dogs!Date used : 26/11/2013
- Great serviceBy Joevie20 November 2013aged 45 to 54Female
I've just booked a 3 night break away at the Berystede for next February. I too had no trouble booking the dates I required and found the staff really helpful. I was not surprised at the cost as it does state that the rate that will apply is the Getaway rate shown online.Date used : 20/11/2013
- Excellent Service & HolidayBy SJP1418 November 2013aged 35 to 44Female
I had no problem at all securing the hotel or dates I wanted in July, the phone line staff were extremely helpful. We stayed at the Aviemore hotel and would thoroughly recommend for those with young children.Date used : 28/07/2013
Add to basket
The fine print
• Please call the reservations team on 0844 879 9220 to check availability and price before purchasing your tokens.
• You must book with the hotel company at least 14 days before you wish to stay.
• Only valid on Macdonald Hotels & Resorts' Getaway rates.
• Minimum stay 2 nights, valid Friday to Sunday inclusive and is based on 2 people sharing a standard double/twin room.
• Room availability is limited and prices may vary depending on time of booking.
• Hotel exclusions apply, please see terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
• Any additional extras, including children’s meals, will be payable at the hotel by cash, credit or debit card. Quote the specific rate when booking. Certain dates may be excluded.
• Websites shown are for information only - tokens cannot be used for internet bookings and are not valid on prices shown on the internet.
• Tokens(s) cannot be used for: Aviemore Woodland Lodges, Eastwell Manor, Kent, Dragon Hotel, Swansea & Royal Garden Hotel – London. Tokens cannot be used for stays at Macdonald UK or Spanish resorts. Excludes themed breaks including Relaxation Breaks. There is limited availability at selective hotels throughout the year. These included the Macdonald Randolph, Macdonald Bath Spa, Macdonald Bear Hotel, Macdonald Old England.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights