Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway
Travel behind a lovingly-restored historic locomotive - and visit the largest railway exhibition in Scotland!
What you get
This hidden gem, only 40 minutes drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh is located in the historic town of Bo’ness. Our friendly staff will welcome you aboard one of our heritage steam or diesel-hauled trains and wish you a pleasant journey.
The train travels along the shore of the Firth of Forth with views of majestic Ochil Hills, before climbing a tree-lined gradient, passing woodland, wild flowers & waterfalls to the country station of Birkhill. Alight here to take a stroll in the ancient woodlands of the Avon Gorge.
Beyond Birkhill, the train crosses the River Avon Viaduct to Manuel beside the Edinburgh to Glasgow railway line.
Back at Bo’ness, visit the Museum of Scottish Railways, extended in 2012 with the addition of a 16,000 sq. ft. train shed to house the last remaining “Glasgow Blue Train”, a recently restored Class 126 Diesel Multiple Unit & several other heritage items of rolling stock. In the main exhibition hall, operate a railway signal & points, climb aboard heritage locomotives & learn about the making, operating & using of Scottish Railways through the ages. Take time to sort some letters in the Post Office Sorting Van & view the classic video “Night Mail”.
Free parking, Station Buffet & Gift Shop.
OPENING TIMES - please confirm opening times & dates by checking their website.
ADMISSION PRICES - please confirm admission prices by checking their website.
How it works
1. Simply select the amount of Clubcard vouchers you want to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over will go back into your Clubcard Account.
2. We’ll post your tokens and details on how to use them within 5 working days of your order being placed.
For more information about using your rewards tokens with Days Out token, download this additional information about Days Out token (download PDF file *) . Visit their website at www.bkrailway.com.
* To view this file, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
Add to basket
The fine print
Excludes any special or prebookable events, `Day Out with Thomas` and `Santa Specials`and excludes season tickets
• Please note that Tesco Clubcard vouchers are valid only when buying a ticket for travel and entry to the Museum of Scottish Railways only. They are not valid at premium priced events or for the purchase of Museum season tickets.
• Terms and conditions apply.
• For a full list of where you can use your Days out token(s) please read 'Additional information'
Terms & Conditions
• Please check all opening/closing times and dates before your visit.
• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.
• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows, group bookings, season tickets or annual memberships.
• A tokens is not a pre-booked ticket.
• Tokens cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme or promotion.
• Your token(s) should arrive within 5 working days.
• Orders should be made at least 28 days before you intend to book with a supplier or visit a partner.
• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.
•You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.
•Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.
• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.
• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens issued after 13th August 2012 cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Excludes any special or prebookable events, `Day Out with Thomas` and `Santa Specials`and excludes season tickets.