Tesco Cars closed for new orders
With effect from 3rd April 2012 we have decided to close the Tesco Cars business and are no longer accepting orders from customers.
For customers with outstanding orders please contact the customer services team on 0800 072 3627.
If we are unable to fulfil your order we will refund your deposit in full. We will ensure that no customer is left out of pocket.
We are very sorry indeed for any inconvenience caused.
All other Tesco services are completely unaffected and you can shop as usual on www.tesco.com.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Why are Tesco no longer selling cars?
- We started Tesco Cars in good faith and we always aim to do a good job for customers. However, following a review of the business model we and Carsite, our partner, have decided that we cannot offer customers a satisfactory range of vehicles and as a result, have decided it is right to close the business.
- What happens if I have pre-ordered?
- Please contact our Customer Service Centre on 0800 072 3627, and they will be happy to refund you. Unfortunately we will not now be able to supply your car.
- I've seen a car I really want to buy; can I still purchase this car from Tesco Cars?
- Unfortunately, that is not possible. We are no longer accepting any new customer orders.
- What happens if I have paid my handling fee?
- Please contact our Customer Service Centre on 0800 072 3627, and they will be happy to refund you.
- I have paid for my car - will I still be able to get it?
- It may not be possible to process your car. Please call 0800 072 3627 to discuss the options, which include a full refund.
- Can I get the delivery charge of £149 refunded?
- Yes - all monies paid to date will be refunded as soon as possible. Please contact our Customer Service Centre on 0800 072 3627, and they will be happy to discuss any refunds with you.
- I have bought my car and I want to bring it back as its still within 7 days returns process -can I still do this?
- Yes of course - the 7 day returns period is not affected. If you wish to return a vehicle you have bought in the last 7 days, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 0800 072 3627, and they will be happy to discuss the Returns process with you.
- What happens to my warranty - is it still valid?
- Yes - your warranty is not affected. It is provided by a separate company - The Warranty Group, and they will continue to honour all warranties in place. Please contact our Customer Service Centre on 0800 072 3627, and they will be happy to discuss your warranty with you.
- What happens if my car breaks down during the warranty period?
- Please refer to the warranty agreement within your Cars handover pack - all details of the warranty and the relevant contact details are included within this.
- What happens if I have a question, who do I contact - will I still have my agent?
- Please contact our Customer Service Centre on 0800 072 3627, and they will be happy to discuss any concerns you have.