Your little one’s growing up fast – and now it’s time for potty training! Luckily, there are loads of brilliant products available to help your tot feel more confident and you can get most of them at Tesco. See below for our comprehensive list of everything you need. You can also download it, print it and stick it to the fridge so you don’t forget anything!
- 2-3 potties – make sure there’s a few around the house
- Splash mats – really useful for protecting the carpet!
- Toilet training loo seat – a handy ‘halfway house’ between potty and toilet
- Toilet step – make it easier for your toddler to use the ‘big toilet’
- Pull-up nappy pants – like proper underwear, with protection from accidents
- Big kid pants – let your little one pick out their own ‘big kid’ underwear
- Travel potty and liners – essential for car journeys and holidays
- Potty training storybook – give your tot confidence for the next step
- Night-time pull-up nappy pants – night-time accidents are inevitable
- Fitted mattress protector – a simple way to protect the mattress
- Absorbent bed mats – a great idea while your tot gets used to the change
- Night light – ideal if your toddler wakes up in the night
- Have a few potties around the house – so there’s always one near by
- Make sure potties are the right size for your tot’s bottom
- Dress them in clothes that are easy to pull down quickly
- Let your little one choose his or her ‘big kid pants’
- A star chart is a great way to motivate your toddler
- Remember that accidents will happen! You’ll get there in the end
- Don’t forget: you can get everything you need at Tesco.