Sweet and sour chicken
This dish is quick and easy to prepare and is really appealing to young tastebuds. It also makes a good family meal.
User rating - 0 ratings - average 0.0 stars.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg yolk, cornflour and milk.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Season the chicken, dip into the batter and sauté the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok and stir fry the carrot, for one minute, add the courgette and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce, bring to the boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and heat through for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spring onions.
- Season to taste.
Serve with fluffy white rice.
Recipe by Annabel Karmel
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 1tbsp milk
- 2 large or 3 small chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 3tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 75g small courgettes, cut into strips or fine green beans
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 4tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3tsp rice wine vinegar
- 3tsp caster sugar
- 150ml water
- 2tsp cornflour
People who like this recipe also liked...