Scrummy Smarties cakes
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to make these delicious cupcakes. As well as the ingredients, you'll need a cake tray and 12 paper cases.
User rating - 1 ratings - average 0.5 stars.
- Turn the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4. Put the butter and caster sugar into a large bowl and beat together, using an electric whisk or wooden spoon, until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add a little of the beaten egg and beat well, then add a little more and beat again. Repeat until all the egg is used up. Sieve the flour into the mixture and gently fold in, using a metal spoon. Then stir in the milk so the mixture softens enough to drop easily from the spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling each case three-quarters full. Put the cake tray into the oven and bake for 15-20mins, until the cakes are risen, golden and springy to touch. Using oven gloves, take the tray out of the oven and let the cakes cool for a minute, then lift them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and mix in a little hot water until you have a thick pouring consistency. Add the food colouring (if using) and mix.
- Pour teaspoons of the icing onto the cakes and decorate each cake with several Smarties. Leave the icing to set and then store the cupcakes in an airtight container if you’re not eating them straight away.
Each portion contains
of your guideline daily amount
People who like this recipe also liked...